Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

Actually I'm quite surprised they got 11 acres in such an outstanding location for only 260 million. There must be a lot of restrictions on the purport to keep the price so low.

Excitingly, from the Menkes release:

"The proposed Menkes Waterfront development will include a 24-storey, 600,000 square foot office tower, 300,000 square feet of commercial retail space, and a new residential community. This new community will be anchored by a two-acre park located on the north side of Queens Quay East, between Freeland and Cooper Streets. The northern boundary of the park block will incorporate complementary retail uses fronting onto a future extension of Harbour Street, which presently ends at Yonge Street. The new park is envisioned as an active use space that will serve both the new community and the larger downtown core population. The final design of the park will be subject to a design competition."

And rendering from the Menkes Twitter account:

Chtzi7eXAAAqWzT.jpg

Attachments

• Chtzi7eXAAAqWzT.jpg
    Chtzi7eXAAAqWzT.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,158
Yeah, and I'm a little confused about the orientation of everything mentioned in the release without seeing a site plan. There's extensive detail about the office tower (and a rendering), and mixed use/residential is mentioned with little detail. If I read the release correctly, though, the public park (subject to a design competition) will be on the southeast corner of the land and Harbour St. will be expanded by then to become the northern boundary thereof.

i always thought it would have been a good investment by MLSE to buy that parcel for the inevitable replacement for ACC. waterfront, close to public transport, close to some of thier properties already.

Actually I'm quite surprised they got 11 acres in such an outstanding location for only 260 million. There must be a lot of restrictions on the purport to keep the price so low.

Setting aside the two acres for park....that is 9 acres of developable land at just shy of $29 million an acre.....that is a "low" price?

Back