Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Amazing. In Jasonzed's last shot, most of the visible buildings are from the last few years. Such a massive change from 10 years ago.

Getting use to Swedish Daylight Time - basically short for no daylight at all!

Lol!

photo-2165.jpg

Very Big Cake.

While I was at the site, in my mind I was trying to compare the footprint of this tower to those of MLS next door. ICE looked the same or marginally bigger.

The width of each tower at Maple Leaf Square (15 York Street) is 29 meters, with a separation of 28.5 meters between the 50s and 54s tower. The towers at Ice Condominiums at York Centre appear larger from grade to the base of the third residential level, but both 12 York Street (West) and 14 York Street (East) buildings measure 27 meters in width, with a separation of 26.7 meters between the 57s and 67s tower. Additionally, the office component at 16 York Street is 25 meters from the closest residential tower (14 York Street).

Kind of ironic how one of aA's good building designs will be blocked from view by one of their vastly inferior, and yet somehow bigger designs.

Of course that's how it goes.. Ice should be the taller and more visible one.

How can you suggest that Ice will be superior to 90 Harbour when true renderings for 90 Harbour haven't even been released? As I recall, the line drawings for Ice looked far more bland than those for 90 Harbour.

How can you suggest that Ice will be superior to 90 Harbour when true renderings for 90 Harbour haven't even been released? As I recall, the line drawings for Ice looked far more bland than those for 90 Harbour.

I'm going by what's been happening lately. The render for Ice is a good looking design, the render for almost every single aA tower for the last year is the exact same thing (with the exception of the Greyhound Site), this. If the render comes out and it looks completely different, then I'll say that 90 Harbour is superior to Ice. However if it looks anything like what we've seen so far, including shape, then I will always say that Ice is 100% superior, which it is.

When a firm has lost every ounce of its creativity, I lose confidence that they can bring anything of interest to the table.

^ Exaggeration much?

With fresh and innovative recent designs like Market Wharf, 154 Front East, 1Thousand Bay, Theatre Park, King Charlotte, etc. I would say aA's designs are becoming increasingly creative and refined. They've definitely been a rising firm throughout this development boom. It's been fun watching their progress throughout the last decade or two, and how their work has greatly improved various parts of our streetscape.

I think the appropriate firm to label as "lost every ounce of its creativity", would be Ziedler as seen in their recent Trump disaster.

Back