Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

1 - So where do ya put yer sox 'n undies if'n ya dont got a dresser?

2 - wher do ya put yer summer clothes in the winter and yer winter clothes in the summer when ya only got one small closet?

3 - yer girlfren will haffa run all naky from the one John to the bedrooom which may caus a distraction fer yer guests (and possibly you if'n yer in the study)

4 - so, yur mak'n pie in the kitchen, wher d'ya roll out the dough?

5 - so with only one cupboard over the sink where do ya put the groceries?

6 - so lets say ya got a few books (probably not a problem for most of y'all), where dus ya puts a book shelf? I guess not in the study.

:D

4038750968_7090f02af4_b.jpg

Last edited:
“It's like living in New York, but being in Toronto,†Mr. Fenton says.

"It's like thinking you're cool, but being a nerd." Mr. Street meet says.

1 - So where do ya put yer sox 'n undies if'n ya dont got a dresser?

2 - wher do ya put yer summer clothes in the winter and yer winter clothes in the summer when ya only got one small closet?

3 - yer girlfren will haffa run all naky from the one John to the bedrooom which may caus a distraction fer yer guests (and possibly you if'n yer in the study)

4 - so, yur mak'n pie in the kitchen, wher d'ya roll out the dough?

5 - so with only one cupboard over the sink where do ya put the groceries?

6 - so lets say ya got a few books (probably not a problem for most of y'all), where dus ya puts a book shelf? I guess not in the study.

:D

4038750968_7090f02af4_b.jpg

Haha...good one Big Daddy. However in all seriousness, I think the people that are going to be living in these suites are quite used to small spaces and will not have a problem figuring out how to resolve the "tongue and cheek" issues that you have mentioned.

Living in a bachelor apartment for a few years has taught me that there's a surprising amount of space to store things in drawers under the bed.

“It's like living in New York, but being in Toronto,” Mr. Fenton says.

"It's like thinking you're cool, but being a nerd." Mr. Street meet says.

Ouch - where you from Street? Its becoming so old listening to folks who hate Toronto when really their dying from envy.

Haha...good one Big Daddy. However in all seriousness, I think the people that are going to be living in these suites are quite used to small spaces and will not have a problem figuring out how to resolve the "tongue and cheek" issues that you have mentioned.

Maybe so, but all those who claim to hate urban sprawl have to realize these tiny units are not condusive to families and hence young families and couples starting to have kids get pushed out to the suburbs.

Maybe so, but all those who claim to hate urban sprawl have to realize these tiny units are not condusive to families and hence young families and couples starting to have kids get pushed out to the suburbs.

Or we can look at it another way....young families and couples can learn to live in these smaller units and optimize their spacial living quarters. Young couples and families have been doing it for hundreds of years on other continents. This will cut down on urban sprawl and also give families a chance to enjoy the city and all of it's glory!

Or we can look at it another way....young families and couples can learn to live in these smaller units and optimize their spacial living quarters. Young couples and families have been doing it for hundreds of years on other continents. This will cut down on urban sprawl and also give families a chance to enjoy the city and all of it's glory!

Wow....I'd like some of whatever it is your on....really

Last edited:
Ever been to Europe? Italy, France, England....and checked out some of the flats in Rome, Paris, or London?

Yes, whats your point? Are you arguing very small cramped quarters are a good thing? That somehow we should embrace this minimalist design theory even though it hails from developer greed?

Ouch - where you from Street? Its becoming so old listening to folks who hate Toronto when really their dying from envy.

I was born and raised in Scarborough, I live downtown now... I don't quite understand your statement. Do you think I hate and envy Toronto, or Mr Fenton?

The thing that bugs me about Mr Fenton's statement is the idea that Toronto isn't good enough, and needs to be more like New York. It's like T.O. is an insecure teen who's trying to be cool like the cool kids. Be yourself young Toronto!

Yes, whats your point? Are you arguing very small cramped quarters are a good thing? That somehow we should embrace this minimalist design theory even though it hails from developer greed?

My point is that in these cities people have learned and adapted to maximize every square inch of space available to them. To them, these small cramped quarters aren't cramped at all. This is just the way it is and people aren't upset or angry about it, they make the most of it. Too often in this country we have been spoiled by riches, material things, and forget about the finer things in life like family, the outdoors, a beautiful sunset, or a great glass of wine. We have to forget about over the top, and big portions, and materialism. In 20 or 30 years, we will have adapted just like every other dense urban metropolis in the world....it will just take some time getting used to but it will happen. Developer greed has nothing to do with it, space downtown is at a premium with pent up demand and only so many parking lots in prime locations ready for development.

I was born and raised in Scarborough, I live downtown now... I don't quite understand your statement. Do you think I hate and envy Toronto, or Mr Fenton?

The thing that bugs me about Mr Fenton's statement is the idea that Toronto isn't good enough, and needs to be more like New York. It's like T.O. is an insecure teen who's trying to be cool like the cool kids. Be yourself young Toronto!

My mistake, I misunderstood your comment. I totally agree with you - for far too long everyone has been comparing us to a "wanna-be New York" when in reality we are building a great dynamic city of our own. Don't get me wrong, New York is a great city - But I love T.O. and I don't need the New York Comparisons - (and I'm tired of the rest of Canada hating Toronto for no good reason.)

Back