Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

The way i see it this area is going to be one big constuction zone for the next 10 years, 18 York going up, Ice and Pier-27 starting construction, Infinity-2 and Pinnacle-4 will build their proposed towers thus completing their projects. Then there is, the Fairmount land, 45 Bay, the Ice/16 York office building, the 2nd and 3rd phase of Pier-27, the Toronto Star lands, 120 Harbour, Canada Square, and most likely more to come.:)

You rembember this sketchup by wyliepoon

Model placed in Google Earth, with its potential neighbours Ice Condos and Maple Leaf Square.

3196239886_f1311d3c3a_o.jpg

3196239982_b088f4c9cb_o.jpg

3195395767_61c187a6cf_o.jpg

3196240170_0e7381acf4_o.jpg

3196240236_55c544710e_o.jpg

The way i see it this area is going to be one big constuction zone for the next 10 years, 18 York going up, Ice and Pier-27 starting construction, Infinity-2 and Pinnacle-4 will build their proposed towers thus completing their projects. Then there is, the Fairmount land, 45 Bay, the Ice/16 York office building, the 2nd and 3rd phase of Pier-27, the Toronto Star lands, 120 Harbour, Canada Square, and most likely more to come.:)

I'm pulling a blank here, the Toronto Star lands? What's happening there?

Those are some beautiful renderings! That second one finally gives a more accurate impression of what the bottom is going to look like. Definitely isn't like anything else in Toronto that I can think of.

The second one is snazzy, but the lighting isn't all that accurate, with light emerging from nowhere. Also, it won't actually have that eerie glow unless Ice's amenities include dry ice fountains or a porte-cochere equipped with fog machines. Monthly maintenance well spent! :)

Pretty sure it's a city-owned lot which they did a study on awhile back, and that rendering is showing one of the development possibilities that got approved

Anybody thinking twice about wanting to tear down the Gardiner?
Nope, the benefits of submerging it (à la The Big Dig) far outweigh any value in skyscraper rubbernecking. However, just razing it and replacing it with a surface road or boulevard is a harebrained idea in my view. All that heavy, fast-moving traffic (from the QEW to the west and the DVP to the north) will be dumped onto a street with traffic lights and pedestrians and other urban obstructions. Dumb.

The second one is snazzy, but the lighting isn't all that accurate, with light emerging from nowhere. Also, it won't actually have that eerie glow unless Ice's amenities include dry ice fountains or a porte-cochere equipped with fog machines. Monthly maintenance well spent! :)

Believe me, if anyone can see beyond the render fluff it's me ;) Nonetheless, I'm still happy to see that rendering to get a better impression of the base.

Ice Condos has 4 sales events in November.

1. Vip Agent access only
2. General agent access
3. Pre Registrants
4. General Public

Whispers are that 50% of tower 2 will be sold in November.:)

Believe me, if anyone can see beyond the render fluff it's me ;) Nonetheless, I'm still happy to see that rendering to get a better impression of the base.

Do I sense an insider? If so, please inform your superiors that a giant dry ice fountain has been requested by the public. It can be their Section 37 contribution.

It is nice to see underneath the canopy, though. It kind of blurs the line between indoor and outdoor.

Back