Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Condo George is better known than Brad Lamb, and has more hair than BL. ;)

Almost ready to start.......pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100502129.jpg

18 York and ICE video by me

[video=youtube;KuxKOciao8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuxKOciao8U[/video]

No Traynor, I didn't implement your rules yet. Next time..

I always like your vids (and pics), cal. You just need to slow down the filming as Traynor suggested. Cheers.

Last edited:
Just looking at that large expanse of plywood gives me all kinds of interior/furniture design ideas! Like a floor made out of plywood for example. I will have to show you one of the hottest condo-furniture designs I saw at the OCAD student show yesterday! (Look for the design thread coming soon to the real estate section.)

Ground breaking ceremony Thurs May 13 6:30 to 8:30 live jazz band, Scandinavian theme at Maple Leaf Square Galleria, should be a good time.

They are only shoring up to the edge of the small parking lot, I think this pretty much confirms that they are only excavating for the condos at this time. But they are moving fast on this one, three hole diggers (sorry for the technical terms) working and they appear to be at least 50% done on the shoring.

Taken this morning.
4603359135_17744123ac_b.jpg

but they are moving fast on this one, three hole diggers (sorry for the technical terms) working and they appear to be at least 50% done on the shoring.

TECHNICAL TERMS
(for future reference)
---------------------------

HOLE-DIGGER
0219_fowler_machine_balch_bes_11.jpg

DIRT-PUSHER
bulldozer.jpg

GUNK-SPINNER
XDES2OSV1mixer_truck.jpg

GIRDER-DANGLER
tower-crane12.jpg

KITTEN-CRUSHER
excavator_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Or maybe a Shoppers Drug Mart! Wouldn't it be funny (funny bad) if we ended up with big box retail on the office tower site while we waited for the office market to improve?!

I think that wouldn't be bad at all... there's so little retail in the area... and with many condo's being built, it would be a awsome if they have some good retail there. With downtown being more condensed, I wouldn't want to travel far to go shopping and having the retail should be a walk away.

Back