Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I'd rather have anothe Telus clone than more of those green glassed condo clones.

I'd rather be completely clone free! I dont take issue with having an office building as part of this development, but if they could just make it look different. Atleast if you are going to copy something, look at another city to copy from rather than the 2 neighbouring blocks.

Designs for buildings of this size must have to go through the mandatory urban design review panel. Wouldn't they? Maybe the team needs to step it up a notch in their critiques.

aA has consistantly stated at every point in the community process that the design for the office tower is NOT FINALIZED and that this will NOT BE THE FINAL DESIGN. It is merely a dressed up massing model showing the maximum dimensions of this tower were it to have a rectilinear floorplate.

Ice phase 2 will launch in November only for VIP agents and their clients;)

thanks for the info CG ... but I'm getting sick of these VIP Agent's Preview crap ~ IMO, giving priority to RE agents over the general public purchaser is unfair and should be eliminated ... [/rant]

aA has consistantly stated at every point in the community process that the design for the office tower is NOT FINALIZED and that this will NOT BE THE FINAL DESIGN. It is merely a dressed up massing model showing the maximum dimensions of this tower were it to have a rectilinear floorplate.

consistency my friend... you are willing to give this project the benefit of the doubt but you are all over the 1 Bloor project! Thanks for the info though. Really I think we are in the same camp of wanting something different than the standard Toronto cube (perhaps with fins!) for both addresses.

Last edited:
consistency my friend... you are willing to give this project the benefit of the doubt but you are all over the 1 Bloor project! Thanks for the info though. Really I think we are in the same camp of wanting something different than the standard Toronto cube (perhaps with fins!) for both addresses.

Ahh but Redroom, I believe I am being quite consistent. In the 1BE thread, we have an unseen design which is already being labeled as 'typical skyscraper' whereas here, we have a typical design which the architects insist they are improving upon.

thanks for the info CG ... but I'm getting sick of these VIP Agent's Preview crap ~ IMO, giving priority to RE agents over the general public purchaser is unfair and should be eliminated ... [/rant]

If you cant beat them join them! Its just business, it doesnt cost you anything to hook up with a VIP agent and get priority access, who cares if the agent makes money off the builder, its their business as long as you get in first.:D

Atleast if you are going to copy something, look at another city to copy from rather than the 2 neighbouring blocks.

The Great Man never copies. His Madame X, for instance, is an homage to Mies, an appropriation and recontextualization of something from our visual culture. I'd be delighted with a Toronto cube office tower here:

I love the relationship between the two residential towers. I love the relationship between the two residential towers and the office tower - which cleverly echoes the proportions of the TD Centre towers to the north. And I adore the big, angled cup holder tray that they all appear to rise out of. Serve it up!

carry on comrade!! :D

Designs for buildings of this size must have to go through the mandatory urban design review panel. Wouldn't they? Maybe the team needs to step it up a notch in their critiques.

Something like this perhaps?

AquaTower3.jpg
aqua-chicago-pano-4553-4558-b.jpg

Just one of dozens of buildings that gave me Chicago-envy during my visit in August. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot in Chicago to be envious of :rolleyes:

Back