Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Actually after you've been away for three days most home insurance policies require somebody to check in on the house daily in case of a plumbing leak or a problem with the heating or air conditioning that could cause heavy damage.

how would that be any different for a condo?

sure, there may be a conceirge/security guard at the front desk, but they aren't going to be inside your unit to check it.

I know location is important, and the outlook of a building also attracts potential buyers. But I just cannot stand the fact that a bedroom does not have a window. Maybe there are windows in bedrooms for 2 bedrooms units but with the price of $650K plus, I wonder how many people could afford that.

And speaking of value appreciation in the future, with the price of $6-700/ft range, the range of appreciation is really limited IMO.

80% sold in a very tough market......I/we/you may think it is overpriced but the market has spoken (loudly) and the best indicator of of market value is what is achieved on the open market...no?

Next door, ready to move in, might be achieving $450 psf today but the issue might be that if I buy there I have to come up with the $450 psf today. Or, I might buy today for occupancy in a few years at $600 psf....I only have to pony up 15% (90 psf) now and worry about the rest later? Not sure but that might be a partial explanation. There are likely a list of combination type explanations.

Latest Condo Guide is out today (Aug 3-31)....there is an article on Ice on page 90, as well as an ad on page 11...in the ad:

- Tower #1 is 80% Sold
- "Construction starts soon" (for tower #1)
- HST included in the price

in the article:

- confirms that 80% of the 578 suites in tower 1, at 55-storeys, are sold
- occupancy scheduled for spring 2013...

its funny that when I spoke with ICE's sales staff they contradict with the stats provided in the Condo Guide adverserial ...

according to my discussions with them today, Tower 1 is currently 74 - 75% sold :p

its funny that when I spoke with ICE's sales staff they contradict with the stats provided in the Condo Guide adverserial ...

according to my discussions with them today, Tower 1 is currently 74 - 75% sold :p

maybe some people rescinded during the 10 day cooling period?

The icicle twins...

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

All images c/o: MBA Models

Concerning those model shots with the Lego people, is the white rectangle to be the location of the proposed adjoining office building, or is it associated with condo towers?

Concerning those model shots with the Lego people, is the white rectangle to be the location of the proposed adjoining office building, or is it associated with condo towers?

the white rectangle is the office tower.

These MBA models are great finds ProjectEnd. I do however like the renderings better, somehow these models leave me a little cold.

What are the odds that all those tilted poles end up being completely vertical a la Vu Condo?

The ground level looks sharp. The park looks like it could use some kind of centerpiece though. It looks just scattershot now.

This design still just doesn't work for me, a little too clumsy and gimmicky. I definitely don't like the way it meets the street.

/\ Most likely. I think this smaller, less chunky 'podium' will form a nice counterpoint to the Supersize Me-girth of MLS across the street. Lots of light, thin towers, a huge hole in the roof, thoroughly mixed-use - this could be the best project Toronto has ever seen.

Back