Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I would like to see some additional condos done in the X color scheme. I love the black, it adds a bit of sophistication and is nice to look at.

Hoarding has gone up at the menses project, so I think it is safe to assume it is in fact going ahead as planned.

Wasn't referring to the Menkes project, rather the office component at ICE.

I was referring to the fact that you said that there was rumours that the menkes building was going up on spec, in which I responded that it was. Apologies, I worded that incorrectly. 16 York (ice office tower) is currently looking for tenants and will not be built until it has a Tenent.

I was referring to the fact that you said that there was rumours that the menkes building was going up on spec, in which I responded that it was. Apologies, I worded that incorrectly. 16 York (ice office tower) is currently looking for tenants and will not be built until it has a Tenent.

Nope no worries, I think I was the one confused anyway !

Should be interesting to see if they manage to find a tenant soon, their were recent rumors on SSP that the Oxford project actually found a tenant but just hasn't made an announcement yet.

The City of Toronto has approved the revised massing of the office component and the proposed time-line for construction will commence before the residential towers are completed.

I have a feeling that Ernst & Young will move into the Ice office building. There are 4 major professional service firms in the world (KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, and Ernst & Young). Out of those 4, E&Y are the only ones that haven't leased new office space in Toronto recently.

The Big Boi!

8206397707_4e9016fe13_c.jpg

16 York Street 1.jpg
16 York Street 2.jpg
16 York Street - Design 1.jpg
16 York Street - Design 2.jpg
16 York Street - Design 3.jpg
16 York Street - Overview.jpg
16 York Street - View from Maple Leaf Square.jpg

Attachments

• 16 York Street 1.jpg
    16 York Street 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 321
  • 16 York Street 2.jpg
    16 York Street 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 16 York Street - Design 1.jpg
    16 York Street - Design 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 16 York Street - Design 2.jpg
    16 York Street - Design 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 16 York Street - Design 3.jpg
    16 York Street - Design 3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 16 York Street - Overview.jpg
    16 York Street - Overview.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 16 York Street - View from Maple Leaf Square.jpg
    16 York Street - View from Maple Leaf Square.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 400
LeftCoaster, a poster from SkyscraperPage who has been a pretty reliable source of insider info regarding Cadillac Fairview, is adamant that 16 York will not begin construction before the condo towers are complete.

The documents filed with the City of Toronto from Block 9B Developments Limited on behalf of Lanterra Developments with the signatures of both Mark Mandelbaum and Barry Fenton executes the written consent that the application on January 1, 2007 would only be considered if there was an office building component and under no circumstances could this element be substituted as an additional residential building. The documents have been viewed in person, endorsed by Minden Gross LLP and construction of the office building must commence prior to residential towers being completed.

Why? So they can't substitute it for another condo tower, but why must they start it before completion if the condo towers ( and possibly before finding a lead tenant)?

Mpc

Picture of Ice taken with an (Galaxy) Ace by MPC, construction worker at L Tower:

8208828954_9519592db9_h.jpg

It pains me to say this, but Infinity II's cladding in that light looks pretty good.

Back