News   May 03, 2024
 347     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 195     0 

Thread details for projects forum

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd love to see additional information included in the topic names in the projects forum.
Floor count, height, area of city as the information comes in would be great!
I always find myself searching through many many posts to find that information, or having to ask in the thread just to find out.
If this information were in the topic title, I'd never have to ask or go looking for who knows how long it ends up taking to find out the info.

I'll even volunteer to rename the titles for you!

Yea I operate that system at another forum, it also makes the thread titles in the forum appear more uniform and organized, I sometimes even include status's like Demolition or Site Prep.

Obviously there wouldn't be the need to put the city in the title unless it's one of the boroughs or 905 cities.

Yes I recently was looking at SSP and noticed you're an admin there, and also noticed that's how the topics are listed. Very user friendly!

There is a sticky note at the top of P/C with an index of projects. There is also a list of all 400 foot plus buildings/proposals with some details, with links where appropriate, as well.

There was some concern that there would be too much clutter if we added everything suggested. There are often some details in brackets in the titles as it stands now.

The problem with having a list in a thread, is that someone has to keep udpating that list with every new project. It's much easier to just do it from the beginning with the thread name. Not to mention much more noticeable when a thread doesn't match the naming style of the rest of the forum.

Back