Thompson Residences (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

So around $800K with parking for 2 small bedrooms and bathrooms. Makes the recent 75 Portland 2-storey loft listings look like a bargain.

Something very wrong about paying close to a million for cement ceillings poor soundproofing and same finishes as units 1/3 of the price. Toronto's condo market makes me laugh sometimes.

I bookmark that area on MLS and notice a ton of recent listings from the Stewart St. condos backing on to this project.

Smart move. I've lived beside a new project myself, and know it involves 1.5 years of nonstop noise. Like: gas powered concrete finishing machines (these resemble push lawnmowers) being pushed around the floors until at least 9pm at night. And starting up at 7-7:30am. Every day. On each new floor. Imagine a fleet of lawnmowers running beside your window. :(

i got a call from them the other day saying the move in date (for my unit) is now aug 28, 2015. with occupancy originally slated for jan 2015
booooo

on the contract it says

section 1
-first tentative occupancy date = july 14, 2014
-outside occupancy date = july 13, 2016

section 2
- notice period for occupancy delay = no later than apr 15, 2014

i feel like they informed me past the date stated in section 2. (or i am missing something very obvious)

does anybody have experience with these dates? and ... what are my options other than just biting the bullet and signing.

Anyone that has purchased in this building have advice for choosing finishes? I have my appt this week just wondering if there were any major issues?

I had asked them about steam shower upgrade in master bath, they quoted me $14,000.00. Does this sound crazy?

It looks like I'm bumping up and old thread here but I had a question. Does anyone know if this building has registered yet? Apparently the amenities are not yet complete as well as a lot of other common areas like the hallways on various floors.

Back