What is everyone's opinion on condos built around a theme such:

South Beach Lofts & Condos - Miami
Merci - Paris, France
NY Towers - New York
California Condos - California
San Francisco by the Bay in Pickering - SF
London on the Esplanade - London
Tuscany Gates in Mississauga - Tuscany region of Italy

There are probably many others that i've missed. I think a lot of people feel that it's tacky and sad that builders in Toronto can't appreciate where they are and have to use other geographical themes to sell their developments.

Out of curiosity, if you're a proponent of such condos, what themes do you want to see and where does it end?. We might see themes of Hawaii, Caribbean, or maybe even Detroit? ...... but some may argue that we already have that in a few Scarborough high rises j/k.

Last edited:
Don't mind seeing an oriental theme, but maybe i'm just biased....

that's anywhere in markham and richmond hill already. :p

isn't remington planning on doing that at steeles/kennedy?

Last edited:
that's anywhere in markham and richmond hill already. :p

isn't remington planning on doing that at steeles/kennedy?

Really? Markham, not surprised. I did notice a remington billboard when I was in that area last year.

Really? Markham, not surprised. I did notice a remington billboard when I was in that area last year.

here's the link ... i'm not sure if it's really asian themed, but it's on the market village site.

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=9253&highlight=kennedy+road,+remington

i wonder how it will sell considering the recent bad publicity with Remington over-charging buyers developing charges, which Remington didn't actually pay to the city of markham, but is trying to get away with b/c of some ambiguity of the sales contracts.

Last edited:

Merci - Paris, France
NY Towers - New York

There are probably many others that i've missed. I think a lot of people feel that it's tacky and sad that builders in Toronto can't appreciate where they are and have to use other geographical themes to sell their developments.

Out of curiosity, if you're a proponent of such condos, what themes do you want to see and where does it end?. We might see themes of Hawaii, Caribbean, or maybe even Detroit? ...... but some may argue that we already have that in a few Scarborough high rises j/k.

I think they are just marketing strategies that work....I think most of these names are either places that people would love to visit or an exotic destination we here so much about.

I do think its sad that torontonians are more attracted to places other than toronto.....where is our identity?

next one should be called iceland terrace,or russia house, or kazakastan by the lake.

who knows what they will think of next.....it would be nice if toronto was a destination.....hmmmmmm.....I am scared that we will become las vegas

I do think its sad that torontonians are more attracted to places other than toronto.....where is our identity?

next one should be called iceland terrace,or russia house, or kazakastan by the lake.

We already have "The Shetland" up on Lord Seaton, just off Yonge:

2-257618.jpg

Merci - Paris, France
NY Towers - New York

Rarely are they actually built around the theme, just marketed around the theme. NY Towers may be an exception. Not sure if South Beach is an exception, unless it was called Deco-Towers..

I like postal-codes and addresses the best. They are the least cheesy, least embarrassing. Simple and to the point...

Me - "Where do you live?"
You - "San Francisco by the Bay in Pickering"
Me - "hahahaha"
Me, again - "HAHAHAHAHA"

I used to live at the Riviera Club Condominiums on Sheppard Avenue East, just east of McCowan Road. Great Luxury building built in 1989 by the Lawrence Avenue Group.

Back