News   Apr 25, 2024
 376     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

The Women's Section is That Way...Now Move!

RJR123

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is fast becoming a pet peeve: the last few times I have gone shopping for clothing, I find that the men's section has several women shopping in it, no doubt for their style-challenged boyfriends or husbands. Not a big deal if it's a spacious store, but in cramped environs such as Winner's, where space is at a premium, it really pisses me off.
I know that this shouldn't bug me because they have a right to shop there, but it really does. They are blocking the way from letting me browse the merchandise. You don't see men shopping in the women's section (unless they are a cross-dresser) so get the hell out of my way and let me shop. The worst was the other day some chick is yakking on her cell phone while browsing, blocking the aisle, totally oblivious. Arrgh.

This is fast becoming a pet peeve: the last few times I have gone shopping for clothing, I find that the men's section has several women shopping in it, no doubt for their style-challenged boyfriends or husbands. Not a big deal if it's a spacious store, but in cramped environs such as Winner's, where space is at a premium, it really pisses me off.
I know that this shouldn't bug me because they have a right to shop there, but it really does. They are blocking the way from letting me browse the merchandise. You don't see men shopping in the women's section (unless they are a cross-dresser) so get the hell out of my way and let me shop. The worst was the other day some chick is yakking on her cell phone while browsing, blocking the aisle, totally oblivious. Arrgh.

Oh my, the cross you have to bear. Does anyone still shop at winners after the whole credit card thing?

RJR123: If you say, "Excuse me ..." most earthlings will move aside when they realize they're blocking your way in a store.

I agree (that you're being unreasonable).

I can understand where you're coming from, but you have no more right to shop there than they do. I guess it would be different if they were just browsing and you had genuine intent to buy.

Lots of women wear men's clothes. I don't have a problem with it. When I shop, I'm more concerned about avoiding times when a store is crowded rather than paying attention to the sex of a person looking at the same clothes as me.

If it's really a problem for you, though, just keep in mind all the injustices women have to face in their lives because of their sex - and cut them some slack.

RJR123, you can always move to afganistan, they don't seem to have that problem there, well, for a little while at least. ;)

Aw let him rant, we all need to blow off steam over petty things now and again.

Would anyone like to hear my rant about doggy-do in the parks ...

Not if it has anything to do only with bitches, otherwise bark away. This could turn into a real rantfest which could be quite amusing - sorry, I meant enlightening. Verbal catharsis for all should be a basic human right.

Aw, stop being so hard on the guy.

For many men, shopping is not the browsy-tactile experience that it is for many women. For some, shopping is a necessay evil that must be attacked with mission-oriented precision. RJR123 falls into this category. His approach to shopping is obstructed by female shoppers who assume that all men ought to know that stores exist for their pleasure - regardless of the department.

Have you been sniffing MajorComplainer's fumes?

Back