News   Jul 15, 2024
 456     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 610     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 575     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Now if only they'd lower their prices to stop everyone fleeing across the border for the savings!

???

There are two pics from yesterday in post number 2329 in this thread. Just go back a page. To see hundreds of other pics, just keep going back more pages.

That's why, on Oct. 22, the world's largest TV remote control (or at least a facsimile) will appear to dangle from an office tower opposite Toronto's Dundas Square. The gigantic building wrap's significance is that Emirates' 600-channel in-flight entertainment system boasts what's got to be the most entertainment options in the sky.

saw this yesterday. very disappointing. i thought it would be something more 3d, rather than just a big big big vertical banner.

What kind of authority does the BIA have? ... right: none.

Toronto Life Square is a great name. It'll define the square for years to come.

I know, but this clever name is likely intended to get picked up as the name of the square.

I find Toronto Life Square more catchy than Yonge-Dundas Square. Everybody will be calling it Life Square in a few years.

Except I'm sure Toronto Life would love for the Square to become known as Toronto Life Square. Which is why the BIA would love for TLS to become TLC.

... which is why Toronto Life's sponsoring of the building resides in having their investment result in their name becoming known worldwide as the name of the square.

They're relying on the people to lead to their investment paying off. They know people will end up calling the entire square Toronto Life Square. Somebody at the magazine deserves a promotion.

I agree that Toronto Life is counting on people confusing the building with the square and I hope therefore that the BIA is successful.

I am not quite sure why anybody will call it "Life Square" when Life is neither the name of the building or the square. I think with the media outlets continuing to call the square by the proper name, even "Toronto Life Square" will have a hard time taking hold as the name of the actual square. People can't be that stupid? (right?....anyone?)

It would end up ruining the Yonge-Dundas Square name if it was called Toronto Life Square.
I actually hope that they pull this off. I'd rather it be called Toronto Life something else.

Back