News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 998     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I like it in the same way I like Clifton Hill in Niagara. Sometimes 'taste' is overrated!

Pet Peeves

I hope they do something to cover up those big metal box things (are they air conditioning units?) on top of this building. The clearly exposed ones on top of Torch still piss me off. Why can't these things be hidden, like on Spire? They are so ugly. And what's up with the tin cladding, are we living in a 3rd world city? YIKES:eek:

I think they've changed the rendering based on what I see right now. Will they even have the TV screen? That Coca Cola spot is different, and the corner, it's one long billboard shape, doesn't look like the render pictures.

Once that place is lit up its going to be hard to drive by Dundas at night without getting blinded.

I'm willing to take that risk.

That view is going to be pretty spectacular at night once all of those Yonge & Bloor projects and ROCP 3 are (hopefully) finished.

Once that place is lit up its going to be hard to drive by Dundas at night without getting blinded

Since Metropolis (ok, Toronto Life Square) went up it helped block flashing lighting from bouncing off nearby buildings and onto my living room walls but about a week ago there's something blue being flashed down there about every two minutes & I'm getting that effect again. I can't imagine how much more intense the light & accompanying reflections will be once all the Metropolis ad and lighting panels are in place. It's going to be insane down there.

I think they've changed the rendering based on what I see right now. Will they even have the TV screen? That Coca Cola spot is different, and the corner, it's one long billboard shape, doesn't look like the render pictures.

It looks exactly like the rendering so far... setbacks and all. the coca-cola ad is going to go on top of the exposed vents.

May 3:

met1of4.jpg

met2em1.jpg

Victoria Street. Even on a sunny day, it's really dark. Assume the two impressions are for the Ryerson billboards. (Now showing at AMC Theatres: ECN204. 8:00 9:00 11:00 12:00 14:00 15:00)
met3ul0.jpg

Gould frontage.
met4wa4.jpg

I quite like the Yonge frontage based upon how it's looking now, counting that it is essentially a shopping mall.

Ryerson would be wise to relocate those few parking spaces and build something else down there. The space is too prominant on campus to for above ground parking. Some glassy classrooms fronting Devonian Square would at least take some pressure off the 10 story lunch box above

so strange that they "saved" the parking garage" ...sort of like building around a heritage building.

Well there is no other space on campus for students to park. I would have liked to see them put it below Metropolis, but that would have resulted in no parking at Ryerson for... how many years have we been waiting for Metropolis?

How many thousands of students attend Ryerson? How many parking spaces are in that little garage? Ryerson students can take the subway - or walk a few blocks and pay a little more if they really want to drive to one of Canada's most urban universities. That garage is such a complete waste of prime campus space.

Back