News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Blast from the past!

DSC05896.JPG

The dreaded "Blue Hoarding" of Yonge & Dundas Square. Circa 2005

DSC05902.JPG

Attachments

• DSC05896.JPG
    DSC05896.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,914
  • DSC05902.JPG
    DSC05902.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,915
Last edited:
It reminds me that many of the little kitschy elements that were intended never materialized. Too bad, it might have added some character and liveliness to this drab grey battleship.

That hoarding was certainly around too long. A very popular thread on UT those days even as nothing was being done on site.

World's largest urban swimming pool? With swim-in subway connection?

Instead of the world largest fake fan? :) Jokes aside, if the Metropolis project had failed and the site went back to the market, I'd think we would still see the site redeveloped - and likely in a manner that is far more satisfying than what we have now. As it stands, the project is a failure of imagination and opportunity.

AoD

I'd tear the whole block down, start over with City Planning's direct involvement.

I am thinking a public plaza with a (working) fountain and lots of benches closer to Gould, leading directly to Ryerson's public space by the Image Arts Centre (the ice rink in the winter), as well as a completely rethought O'Keefe lane lined cafes and restaurants and the sort. Mixed-use buildings all around and expansion of Ryerson's institutional buildings along Victoria street, that parking lot could and should be completely underground. Oh, and of course PATH connections everywhere. ;)

I'd tear the whole block down, start over with City Planning's direct involvement.

I am thinking a public plaza with a (working) fountain and lots of benches closer to Gould, leading directly to Ryerson's public space by the Image Arts Centre (the ice rink in the winter), as well as a completely rethought O'Keefe lane lined cafes and restaurants and the sort. Mixed-use buildings all around and expansion of Ryerson's institutional buildings along Victoria street, that parking lot could and should be completely underground. Oh, and of course PATH connections everywhere. ;)

sounds nice but, I wouldn't wait for 20+ years for that.

Back