News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 791     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
This would enable them to add a down escalator from the foodcourt to the FutureShop level as it should have had all along.

With that major flow problem corrected
I've never been clear if the owner thought this was a bug or a feature, as the current design forces people to walk through the food court to get to the down escalator.

That said, I'm surprised that separating up and down escalators isn't a violation of some sort of building code.

If your coming from the ciniplex the exit is right in front of the escalator down.. you don't have to walk through the food court. Also, it would be fairly easy to make the ciniplex exit double doors if they wanted to.

If your coming from the ciniplex the exit is right in front of the escalator down
Yes, but if you take the up escalator the way down is a long walk away, through the food court. It's hugely confusing to visitors, and kinda architecturally absurd (like much of that space).

Yes, but if you take the up escalator the way down is a long walk away, through the food court. It's hugely confusing to visitors, and kinda architecturally absurd (like much of that space).

... and it's clear that they admitted to that problem by having to put stickers on the floor indicating where the down escalator is. They could keep that second down escalator there for those exiting the theatre or they could just close that exit and make people leave the theatre the same way they came in.

"I'm in the food court and there's no way out!?"

That was a few years back when I was meeting a friend of mine. Got a good laugh out of that ;)

I've always assumed that was deliberate, in order to force people to walk through the food court. In the same way that you can't walk straight through a mall. They are designed to make you slow down and notice what's there to buy.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 259894 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 1, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Canopy w/o Enclosure

Description: To install a canopy to the front of the multi-use building.

They did finally pave the basement with tiles instead of the classy painted concrete...and appear to be in the process of putting up a false ceiling up as well.

AoD

Renos for the tims seem to be happening as well, or some form of work at least. I can hear the saws running when I walk by.

Bentall Realty out of Vancouver, I think.

Google : Cache
10 Dundas East is proudly managed by Bentall Kennedy. Bentall Kennedy is one of North America's largest real estate investment advisors and one of its

Not sure if "proudly managed" also means owned too, but Cadillac Fairview puts the same signs on the Eaton Centre, and own it outright as well.

Back