News   Jul 04, 2024
 706     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 643     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 590     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Johnny Rockets & Chipotle Mexican Grill open this week!

...disappointing the TLS signage not installed yet! Come on already. lol.

Considering all those Marilyn'n'Paris-spoofing subway ads, it's a wonder there still isn't a Moxie's Classic Grill downtown--but TLS would've been the absolutely perfectest location...

there is ... at bloor

There is no Moxies on Bloor.
There is 4 locations in Toronto...
Yorkdale.
Madison.
Fairview Shopping Centre.
Dixon Rd.

There are 2 in Mississauga now. They're pretty good. Their Broccoli and Cheese soup is amazing. Although a bit salty.

Is the Jack Astors sign finished?! It's the most plain version they could have used. Way to take advantage of TLS. :rolleyes:

The signs in Mississauga and even John St. blow the pathetic TLS sign out of the water:

122712jackastorsbargrilmz8.jpg
250878873173deb6e024ou1.jpg
336579jackastorstheyhavkf6.gif

And why are the Toronto locations totally Kelsey-fied? Where's the flamboyant kitsch? The Elvis shrines? The year-round xmas lights? They can fill these places with all the Far Side-ripoff unfunny chalkboard posters they want, but it's just not the same. They look like your average Firkin chain pub. You'd think they'd have the sense to reach back to their roots and go all-out with this central location, but noooooo. It's not my bag, but I assume the kind of people who aren't bothered by the side garden salad satisfying their daily sodium requirement for the next 3 days would really appreciate that kind of thing and flock here.

There is no Moxies on Bloor.
There is 4 locations in Toronto...
Yorkdale.
Madison.
Fairview Shopping Centre.
Dixon Rd.

There are 2 in Mississauga now. They're pretty good. Their Broccoli and Cheese soup is amazing. Although a bit salty.

I'm pretty sure one is opening @ bloor I recall seeing signs.

It's okay ... a step above the boston pizza ... caseys ... milestons ... but not much better.

Why on earth would you want a ho-hum big box chain pizza-themed restaurant in the middle of downtown, which is full of places to get great pizza?

Have you been to Boston Pizza? It's not a pizza place, it wouldn't be competing with downtown's other "places to get great pizza"...

It's like Kelsey's or Jack Astors... and the food at BP is good, so why not have one downtown? Don't be a downtown snob ;)

Yeah, I've been to Boston Pizza in Mississauga and Oakville. That's why I said "pizza-themed," but I don't know why you'd bother with the rest of the menu. Expensive drinks, bland/starchy food, and appealing to the minivan-driving family of four. *Smacks forehead* What was I thinking? It's perfect for downtown Toronto!

Being a downtown snob, I just don't see a place for that kind of restaurant downtown. Then again, I didn't see a place for Jack Astors or Milestones either, but it turns out 905ers don't really come downtown for a change of scene at all (my logical assumption was, "why bother leaving the suburbs for this?")

Back