News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 916     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
....North Americans are just too car-obsessed.

I have to disagree with this, at least on the Toronto perspective. People drive because driving is, by and large, more convenient, leaving aside the issue of living and working in different area codes. In North America we build highways and people drive. In Europe they build rail and people ride.

When there's a good alternative -- ie. reliable, affordable, reliable (worth repeating) public transit -- people in this city use it. When GO adds a train, it's full. When TTC cuts service on one route, they lose riders in the overall network: those who would rather drive than wait that much longer or walk that much farther for a streetcar that may or may not come even though the stop says "frequent service." If we had all-day GO service that was well serviced by local transit networks, many more people would use it.

In Mississauga, it seems you're always less than five minutes from the highway but at least a 20-minute walk to a bus.

I don't think there is anywhere in Mississauga that is a 20 minute walk from the neareast bus. Even on a Sunday...

Believe me there are. Everywhere I've ever lived in Mississauga was more than a 20 minute walk away from a bus. Even on weekdays.

well, I live in Mississauga, and I can tell you that the bus is a 1 minute walk from my front door. :D

I don't take the bus, but they always seem jam-packed, every day..

Believe me there are. Everywhere I've ever lived in Mississauga was more than a 20 minute walk away from a bus. Even on weekdays.
I grew up in Mississauga seeing empty buses drive by all the time. Only a few routes were actually well-used, as far as I could tell (I lived in Erindale / Cooksville / Port Credit). Everyone drives in Mississauga :(

Edit: "Mississauga Chance-it"

is putting ads up a very difficult task? i'm just surprised it's taking sooo long to attach the screens and ads and whatnot on the exterior of Metropolis..

I'm assuming they want the ad space "sold" before they put up the signs.

That might be part of the reason for the delay, along with the whole shutting down Yonge and Dundas thing.

I'm assuming they want the ad space "sold" before they put up the signs.

The signs are generic until an ad is sold. There's no way they are waiting to sell something before putting up the signs. You think they want to come back in a year to install a sign?

The signs are generic until an ad is sold. There's no way they are waiting to sell something before putting up the signs. You think they want to come back in a year to install a sign?

good point. ( and you are probably right)....

... but when you look at how this building was constructed based on pre leasing levels..you've gotta admit my assumption wasn't too far off base.

I think the reason for the really slow up-take of the ads maybe that they have sold the ad space, however its not due to begin before a certain time. So some ads may only be contractually due to start in October/November.

future shop seem to be moving ahead with there retail fit. Last night as I walked by, they have in-store signage and shelves already put up, seems they are already bringing some product in. I would only guess that this is going to be only a matter of weeks before it opens. Electronic companies dont like to leave stock sitting around

I also noticed that the brackets on the North Face of the building are quite a bit larger than the Brackets they used on the South face of the building.

I wonder if this is anything meaningful?

Back