News   Jul 24, 2024
 196     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 748     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 552     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The real Apollo Theater at West 125 St. (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.) NYC as it appears today. A very close recreation!

apollo.jpg

Building is getting better and better.

Agreed, for all its flaws (and there are many and some of them are not easily forgivable) this building is beginning to take form. And as it does, I have use my imagination less and less to see it acting as a destination or hub. It is becoming one as each day passes. I guess it is finally starting to realize it’s initial objective.

Doubt any company would operate a store, regarldess of status, at a loss on purpose.

On the contrary, retail chains will very often operate a flagship store in a prominent location at a loss. It's part of their branding/advertising budget.

On the contrary, retail chains will very often operate a flagship store in a prominent location at a loss. It's part of their branding/advertising budget.

A store in Metropolis could be seen within the context of a corporate branding/or overall advertising budget...and not a part of the operational store budget.

Pen Equity has branded Metropolis as an experiment within the Advertising Medium.

I gotta admit, I'm likin' how this is coming along so far.

For the most part, I also think it's just fine given it's purpose. Just what it was designed to be, nothing more and nothing less. So far it's surprisingly close to the renderings too which is uncommon.

An experiment gone
icon4.gif
HORRIBLY WRONG
icon4.gif
:eek:

Don't worry, once covered in advertising, nothing of any percieved mistakes shall be seen any longer.

It will be a focal point of downtown. Bright, lively and honest about what it is: a place for entertainment and shopping.

And vulgarity. Don't forget vulgarity. Dundas Square is perfect in so many ways - I occasionally sit out there in the middle of it after "work" and admire the view for a while. We hosers love the place, though the Beautiful People run in horror, and I'm very much looking forward to the completion of this project.

Hmm, a few days ago the Future Shop LED screen/ticker had "United We Stand" and the American Flag; yesterday night it's a map of the Middle East centred on Iraq. What's next, Osama Bin Laden making an apperance?

AoD

We hosers love the place, though the Beautiful People run in horror, and I'm very much looking forward to the completion of this project.

Sure the spot is getting popular with the "can i have some change, but i am wearing a new sweater club"

And vulgarity. Don't forget vulgarity. Dundas Square is perfect in so many ways - I occasionally sit out there in the middle of it after "work" and admire the view for a while. We hosers love the place, though the Beautiful People run in horror, and I'm very much looking forward to the completion of this project.

Wow.

Urban Shocker, you have truly shocked me.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

Back