782     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 262     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 669     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

The Tims + Bieber collaboration merchandise:

tims.JPG

For all of the hate they get, my wife loves their tea. Usually she gets the steeped tea but currently having decaf because she is pregnant.

Article from BNN-Bloomberg looking at Tim's having a 'hiring crisis'.

Put simply they are having extreme challenges in staff recruitment and retention, most of which seems to owe to anemic wages; and to many franchisees arbitrarily awarding modest increases to a few staff and none to others.

Also highlighted is that RBI corporate (parent of Tim's) is just shuffling its feet claiming that the whole thing is beyond their control.....

Article from BNN-Bloomberg looking at Tim's having a 'hiring crisis'.

Put simply they are having extreme challenges in staff recruitment and retention, most of which seems to owe to anemic wages; and to many franchisees arbitrarily awarding modest increases to a few staff and none to others.

Also highlighted is that RBI corporate (parent of Tim's) is just shuffling its feet claiming that the whole thing is beyond their control.....

The statement that jumped out at me was "and make back the money we lost during Covid". Interpret that as you will.

In the recent past, there have been several Tim's and other fast food chains that have been closed to walk-in traffic because of - unstated - staffing issues, although I have a hard time believing that is an issue at Tim's because traditionally, walk-in traffic has been relegated to a lone staffer, regardless of the line-up.

Layer on top of that more and more menu offerings that have to be created rather than simply served.

I am aware of Janet Trude (I know her husband). As well, my brother is friends with another multi-store franchisee in central Ontario. It's still a licence to print money.

The statement that jumped out at me was "and make back the money we lost during Covid". Interpret that as you will.

In the recent past, there have been several Tim's and other fast food chains that have been closed to walk-in traffic because of - unstated - staffing issues, although I have a hard time believing that is an issue at Tim's because traditionally, walk-in traffic has been relegated to a lone staffer, regardless of the line-up.

Layer on top of that more and more menu offerings that have to be created rather than simply served.

I am aware of Janet Trude (I know her husband). As well, my brother is friends with another multi-store franchisee in central Ontario. It's still a licence to print money.

Cry me a river is my response to said franchise. May it burn a little more.

AoD

Pretty sure every Tims I've been to in the last month - I drive a lot for work - has had a "Now Hiring" sign.

Saw TimBiebs at their store, had no idea what it was and thought it was pretty dumb.
Now that I know it has to do with Bieber - it is perhaps even dumber.

Back