News   Apr 24, 2024
 39     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.8K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 577     0 

The Retail Apocalypse

Their products are indeed of fantastic quality.
Both pairs of their earbuds I've owned had wiring issues causing only one earbud to produce after about a year. The only other product from them I've owned is a TV soundbar which I haven't had problems with yet, though I wish they had a better remote instead of their brick-like monstrosity

I gotta get on this Bose wagon, by the looks of it.

I'm an audiophile in terms of being an analogue nerd when it comes to media (vinyl!!!!!!!!) and my love of everything electronic music from the theremin (100 years!!!!!!) to speedcore and new wave old skool rave and my dream of building a home studio around at least some analogue synths but run a pretty basic Samsung Blu-Ray player home theater speaker system. It IS 1000W of surround sound (which I don't have set up because no record is playing at 5.1 of anything) and I live in an apartment block so it's a bit rough with the volume.

Still, I'm currently saving up some money to expand my studio set up and will probably look to add some speakers at some point so the whole neighbourhood can hear my future compositions! Lucky them. We'll call it direct pirate radio, without the radio frequencies! :D

What's the output on these Bose speakers you guys have?

I'm a music geek myself - just splurged over the holidays on a Klipsch sound system. Curious how it'll sound!

Ha, I too peruse Kijiji and Marketplace every other day looking for a deal on a theremin.

With all this retail falling to the wayside, I am curious how the liquidation process is taking place. During a liquidation in normal times, stock would either be liquidated on site or sold to a third party to re sell at different locations (Closeout King, Brands Gone Wild and other pop up sites) I would think none of this can take place under lock down, so is there a large amount of goods to be liquidated just sitting around for a dump of goods on the market in 6 months to a year from now, or are there other ways that these liquidations are taking place?

There are deals to be had on these things?!?!?!

I can't shop online but if you find some massive repository of theremins.....do let me know. :D

Occasionally - a few weeks ago I saw an ad for a Moog Theremini for $170 (brand new they're $400). It sold before I even had a chance to contact the seller!

Occasionally - a few weeks ago I saw an ad for a Moog Theremini for $170 (brand new they're $400). It sold before I even had a chance to contact the seller!

The Moog ones are fairly recent no?

I guess I'd take one....400$ ain't even bad....but what I'd really like is some ancient theremin from like when my dead opa was kicking around as a youth.

Mate....we should get theremins and start a boy band! :D

The Moog ones are fairly recent no?

I guess I'd take one....400$ ain't even bad....but what I'd really like is some ancient theremin from like when my dead opa was kicking around as a youth.

Mate....we should get theremins and start a boy band! :D

That would be a first as far as I know!

That is super cool, but...I ain't blowing 2 G's on it!

Neither am I when the analogue synths I'm looking at are between 1200 and 1800 and are way easier to use well. ;)

But maybe I'll buy it eventually. I'm a loner and make decent money after working my ass off for 20 years. I'll buy it an you can come over for pints and theremin hour. :D

Neither am I when the analogue synths I'm looking at are between 1200 and 1800 and are way easier to use well. ;)

But maybe I'll buy it eventually. I'm a loner and make decent money after working my ass off for 20 years. I'll buy it an you can come over for pints and theremin hour. :D

Get @Towered to bring over a few six packs of beers from Woodhouse Brewery and enjoy Eurovision 2021 over the new speaker set, mate.

Get @Towered to bring over a few six packs of beers from Woodhouse Brewery and enjoy Eurovision 2021 over the new speaker set, mate.

Ewwww, Eurovision - never!

Also, I hate to dump on a small craft brewery, but Woodhouse...just isn't that good. Every other craft brewery in the west end of downtown is easily better - Collective Arts, Bellwoods, Blood Brothers, Burdock, Bandit, Folly, Halo, Henderson's, Indie Ale House...

Godiva to close 128 stores in North America, including 11 in Canada by end of March

January 21, 2021

COVID-19 has been far from sweet for Godiva, which has decided to sell or close its stores across North America.

The luxury chocolatier says 128 brick and mortar locations, including 11 in Canada, will shut by the end of March.

The company declined to say how many jobs will be affected by the decision.

Godiva will maintain retail operations across Europe, the Middle East and China.

The closures mark a reversal from its strategy announced in 2019 to open 2,000 cafe locations worldwide, including more than 400 in North America.

It says a key part of its moves has been to focus on retail food and pharmacy locations as well as online.

Back