News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 556     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

The Retail Apocalypse

Many retail building for sale in my neighbourhood this week.

Their products are indeed of fantastic quality.
Agreed. Last night I had Yo Yo Ma on and you could hear every small sound.

It's an interesting company as well. Mr. Bose bequeathed his majority share in the company to MIT university. Unusually, the units are made in Mexico, not China.

Agreed. Last night I had Yo Yo Ma on and you could hear every small sound.

It's an interesting company as well. Mr. Bose bequeathed his majority share in the company to MIT university. Unusually, the units are made in Mexico, not China.

Avoiding Made in China products is a big bonus in my opinion.

I am a huge Bose fanatic.

The audio in their noise-cancelling wireless headphones is phenomenal.

Even better, you can exchange the same products without needing a receipt. You can even upgrade to a newer model by trading in an existing pair of headphones (no receipt required) for a discount to purchase the newer model.

I gotta get on this Bose wagon, by the looks of it.

I'm an audiophile in terms of being an analogue nerd when it comes to media (vinyl!!!!!!!!) and my love of everything electronic music from the theremin (100 years!!!!!!) to speedcore and new wave old skool rave and my dream of building a home studio around at least some analogue synths but run a pretty basic Samsung Blu-Ray player home theater speaker system. It IS 1000W of surround sound (which I don't have set up because no record is playing at 5.1 of anything) and I live in an apartment block so it's a bit rough with the volume.

Still, I'm currently saving up some money to expand my studio set up and will probably look to add some speakers at some point so the whole neighbourhood can hear my future compositions! Lucky them. We'll call it direct pirate radio, without the radio frequencies! :D

What's the output on these Bose speakers you guys have?

I'm an audiophile in terms of being an analogue nerd when it comes to media (vinyl!!!!!!!!) and my love of everything electronic music from the theremin (100 years!!!!!!) to speedcore and new wave old skool rave and my dream of building a home studio around at least some analogue synths but run a pretty basic Samsung Blu-Ray player home theater speaker system. It IS 1000W of surround sound (which I don't have set up because no record is playing at 5.1 of anything) and I live in an apartment block so it's a bit rough with the volume.

Still, I'm currently saving up some money to expand my studio set up and will probably look to add some speakers at some point so the whole neighbourhood can hear my future compositions! Lucky them. We'll call it direct pirate radio, without the radio frequencies! :D

I cannot vouch for the Bose speakers (since I live with my parents in a quiet neighbourhood), but you will love the Bose headphones, especially if you want to listen to electronic music during the night without bothering others in your apartment block.

I cannot vouch for the Bose speakers (since I live with my parents in a quiet neighbourhood), but you will love the Bose headphones, especially if you want to listen to electronic music during the night without bothering others in your apartment block.

I'd rather blast the volume and invite the whole place to my flat rave, but that ain't in the cards. :(

I've got a decent set of Sony studio/DJ headphones right now that will do. I don't really listen to music on the go these days except in my car, which has a pretty decent stock system. I found walking around town with choons plugged into my head a terrible way to meet ladies.

We bought a Bose unit today from Bay Bloor Radio. We placed it atop our piano in the east wing of the house. I‘m really impressed with this little thing. Great sound.

I got the Bose 301 bookshelf speakers in my basement system. They sound amazing, and they don't take up a lot of room.

Bose have a very warm sound and isn't quite accurate - and known to be charging more than what their products should be charged:

Nothing wrong if you prefer that kind of sound - and is willing to pay for it - though.

AoD

Bose have a very warm sound and isn't quite accurate - and known to be charging more than what their products should be charged:

Nothing wrong if you prefer that kind of sound - and is willing to pay for it - though.

AoD
Here's an interesting comment:

Note that the comment was made several years ago. Bose also advertises on the more progressive news sources.

Political causes supported by Bose is not really germane to whether it is good gear.

AoD

Also, I feel like it's a bit of a stretch to say they support hate speech because, almost certainly, the definition of hate speech in that commenter's mind is a perversion of that term's actual meaning.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to spend massive amounts of money on something I needn't spend anything on.

Back