335     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 962     4 

the new toronto star layout

• Thread starter prometheus the supremo
  • Start date
P

prometheus the supremo

anyone like it? i like the old version better. looks to generic now. the older version was more simple to navigate.

I like it. Refreshing and soft on the eyes. Viva web 2.0 :)

much better. I really disliked the old content management / URL system.

How times have changed. Now, talking-points about new newspaper layouts involve their *on-line* presence...

I don't like it as much. It looks nicer, but it's not as functional. There are less articles (it seems). We're talking about the online edition, right?

I don't like it as much. It looks nicer, but it's not as functional. There are less articles (it seems). We're talking about the online edition, right?

ya, the online version. it doesn't work that well either. the rss feeds don't work properly. when i click on the rss link in my reader, it sends me to howstuffworks.com. the rss links are up to date in my reader. time stamps on articles are harder to read, etc.

the old layout was eaiser to navigate and more organized.

someone should tell the star to KISS. in an age of RSI's, the last thing we need is to have people move things around, requiring more clicks and searching.

Looks slicker but I actually really dislike it. The interface is too convoluted. Fortunately (took me 5 minutes to fine the link however) you can click the words "today's star" at the top and get an easy to read column listing. Note to web designers: this is all a content reader like myself ever wants from a news site. If the option of reverting to a simple headline listing is removed entirely from a news website I'll not bother.

Back