Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
If the concrete bits can suddenly change colour to white, or black, that building might look alright.

i was thinking the same thing. even a vibrant colour like yellow or red would be welcome.
i guess they coud always paint the vertical concrete parts.

Even if they just clean the concrete panels, would look better than now.

i was thinking the same thing. even a vibrant colour like yellow or red would be welcome.
i guess they coud always paint the vertical concrete parts.

I want you to picture what red-painted concrete would look like up the sides of this tower, and reconsider your suggestion. :p

24 May 2013:

rps20130525204611.jpg

If you look at the north-east corner, you will see colour test strips on the concrete pillar where the cafe use to be.

CondoLife, October edition, has an advertising-article about this tower. It is beside the ad for Cumberland Tower that will sit beside it.

Last edited:
If you look at the north-east corner, you will see colour test strips on the concrete pillar where the cafe use to be..

Hi, out of curiosity, what colors are being considered here? I am curious if all the concrete was painted black, how that would look? Would it make the building look sharper (with the new steel framed windows)? Black would work best, I would think.

Luxury condominiums at Cumberland and Avenue Road from the $350’s

So terribly disappointing to see what purports to be a low end project in such a high end neighborhood. This is basically a de facto statement that as of today the high end condo market in Yorkville is officially dead.

Nevertheless I can't fault the developer for trying to maximize its return on the site. This remains a business decision first and foremost and I think that the regrettable architecture in the rendering reveals no less.

Back