Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
i say keep the old four seasons tower with some extensive renovations (exterior and interior... potentially adding more floors if possible)

I've repeated it before and I'll repeat it again. I quite like the Four Seasons tower, just not the podium. If a new owner builds a tower on the east podium and redoes the podium of the entire complex; it would look great.

Just find a new manager for the hotel.

I don't have enough posts to start a new thread, but as for the old Four Seasons site:

Exciting news! Award-Winning Developer Camrost-Felcorp has announced to The Toronto Star’s NewInHomes.com their newest condominium project coming soon to Yorkville at Avenue Road – The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza.
Camrost-Felcorp will be transforming the current Four Seasons Hotel building into stylish new condominium residences.
Look in tomorrow’s Toronto Star – Front Section for their formal advertisement with registration information. We will release more details soon.

Source: http://homesandcondosblog.com/home/camrost-felcorp-launches-the-yorkville-plaza-3739.html

And it looks like it will be a simple conversion (which is a shame as I was hoping to see an end to the concrete bunker that is the building's street level presence).

" New private residences in the legendary Four Seasons Hotel Building"

So it will be a renovation of the existing structure?.... I'm fine with that. Honestly, i didn't see anything logical with destroying the old building. I'd always preferred a (re-clad?) and maybe adding a few floors to the building,

I always found that massive height (like 65 storeys) wasn't really needed here. Sure it would have been nice, but i'd rather see that sorta height applied to bay street.

Destroying these huge, perfectly functional buildings would be ridiculously wasteful. Problems like the bunkerish street presence can be remediated. This is already a high density site. I'd rather see those construction resources go into something that actually needs densification.

And it looks like it will be a simple conversion (which is a shame as I was hoping to see an end to the concrete bunker that is the building's street level presence).

As grey sez, who sez they're not going to address said street level presence?

Back