Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Taken today. This one is above ground if anyone cares :p. Should get more interesting in the next month.

MILAN-16-05-2012.jpg

Considering every square inch (even the podium of this thing) will be all-glass, I'm dying to see what the glass will look like.

From the pics and dates , this one is moving along at a blistering pace of 1 whole floor per month! Wow! They must be using some sort of alien technology to achieve this.

Register, the foundations and the podium levels are unique. Forms have to be specially built for each of these levels. It happens this way on every building. You won't see construction pick up serious speed until the building rises to typical floor plate levels.

Register, the foundations and the podium levels are unique. Forms have to be specially built for each of these levels. It happens this way on every building. You won't see construction pick up serious speed until the building rises to typical floor plate levels.

Agree with your comment about the foundations and podium levels being unique and slower than typical floors. However, with respect to the Milan Residences project - Milan's sales started in the fall of 2007, almost five years ago. Construction activities started in January 2010, two and a half years ago. The building is now just above grade. As a lay observer, when it comes to construction, Conservatory Group seems to be about the slowest of the major builders in the city. I suspect that early purchasers of upper floor units in Milan will be waiting up to seven years before occupancy.

Conservatory Group's North York project - the complex between Spring Garden and Hollywood, on the east side of Yonge - has been underway for over ten years, very slow construction process, and at this point, only three of the planned four buildings are done.

The other building which comes to mind for speed of construction is BSN (or lack thereof) - which also seemed to take forever.

Construction for Milan was held up for several months after the TTC asked for changes to better protect the Yonge subway line. It took quite a while to satisfy the TTC. It's all captured earlier in the thread.

Considering every square inch (even the podium of this thing) will be all-glass, I'm dying to see what the glass will look like.

There will be some spandrel but considering how well E.I. Richmond has done at Amacon's Parkside Village I'm cautiously optimistic. Different developer though, we'll have to see.

DSCF5888.jpg

Photo by Jasonzed

I posted these back in 2008 and they're probably a little more realistic than the render. I like the rounded glass around the entrance 'pod,' it'll be interesting to see how they construct it.

Some shots from the weekend...

2525193085_6208606fbc.jpg

2526010810_8aa194bfa5_b.jpg

2525186279_ca5550414a.jpg

2525182825_65c6cc681e.jpg

2525169187_d5157befac.jpg

2526000778_a532493672_b.jpg

2525176003_0e1dd7942b.jpg

2525993874_e0f4e1c162_b.jpg

2525970916_41c2d2e36c.jpg

Back