News   Apr 25, 2024
 368     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

The Beer Store: Political Reasons to Keep/Kill It

It’s remarkable that TSC routinely strikes down laws it doesn’t like, under an extraordinarily expansive living tree doctrine that the Charter means whatever they say it means, its actual words - ahem - notwithstanding. But allowing us plebs the economic freedom explicitly promised by law...that’s crazy talk, comrades.

It's all a part of the "war" on drugs. We all know how illogical the "war" on drugs is so I don't find this surprising.
Do you think the Supreme Court would find in favour of someone in possession of personal amounts of certain plants (not ganja)? (Plants, mind you!...that grow in nature!)

We're not to be trusted to behave as adults and nature isn't to be trusted to have our interests at heart.

Ridiculous. Are we a nation or a collection of fiefdoms?

A federation of fiefdoms to be precise. I think because we live in provinces, we don't realize just how different they are from other sub-national entities.

I think the government should continue to control and distribute the booze and gambling rackets in the province as it puts the money in directly public hands.

And I'm a firm believer in taxation of the stupid.

Ridiculous. Are we a nation or a collection of fiefdoms? In my opinion the rights of the individual should supersede the rights of the provinces.
That may be your opinion. It’s certainly mine. But the only opinions that matter here are those of the nine Supreme Court judges, and they aren’t so keen on individual liberty in any economic matters.

Back