News   Apr 24, 2024
 708     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 932     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 561     0 

Target

From my forced walking through Sq One store because of the expansion, store is dead most of the time of people shopping even for this time of the year.

Cashiers standing around and talking as there is no one to service.

Shelves thin of stock or none at all.

Prices on most things too high compare to other places beside Wal-Mart.

Other than a few food items on sale, no buying of items from there yet and don't seeing it happening at all, just like the US stores.

Unless they change their ways, in for a rough ride on the bottom line with some stores closing within 5 years.

Was in the Bramalea City Centre and Shoppers World stores and both were very busy. Toy section was packed full of people with some amazing deals.

Target Canada Warns Of Larger Losses After Poor Sales

TORONTO - Early signs from retailers suggest that Canadian holiday sales were nothing to celebrate in 2013 as more shoppers hunted for discounts and retailers slashed prices to move inventory.

Both Sears and Target said lower sales in Canada pressured results in the fourth quarter, a sobering outlook that could be echoed in financial reports from other retailers in the coming weeks.

The holiday shopping season, which includes Black Friday and Christmas, was "very difficult," said Daniel Baer, a retail analyst at Ernst & Young. Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/10/target-canada-losses_n_4577556.html

It wasn't that busy, i had the store to myself. Which made it a relaxing shopping experience. I could take my time browsing the aisle ways without getting run over by people's carts.

That's why I used to like shopping at Eaton's. I could shop in peace and quiet.

(That doesn't bode well for Target)

Target Canada's Empty Shelves Are Temporary Growing Pains, Company Says http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/28/empty-shelves-target-canada_n_4681428.html

Target promises its fledgling Canadian stores will be better stocked as it becomes more experienced in the market.

The discount-chic chain said Tuesday low post-holiday inventory levels on some of its shelves reflect the learning curve of a newcomer in the Canadian market, and not a death knell for the brand’s foray north of the border as one analyst suggested last week.

Target Canada's Empty Shelves Are Temporary Growing Pains, Company Says http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/28/empty-shelves-target-canada_n_4681428.html

Target promises its fledgling Canadian stores will be better stocked as it becomes more experienced in the market.

The discount-chic chain said Tuesday low post-holiday inventory levels on some of its shelves reflect the learning curve of a newcomer in the Canadian market, and not a death knell for the brand’s foray north of the border as one analyst suggested last week.

I just finished posting in the Sears thread about how I made the trek to target for something and was confronted with a completely empty wall display. REALLY made me angry.

http://www.thestar.com/business/201...canadian_expansion_with_nine_more_stores.html

Well, I went out, in polar vortex weather, and took an hour of my day to do so, only to be angered and frustrated. Today, I tried to call said store to find out whether the items had been stocked, or restocked, or whatever. The phone rang and rang and rang.

What do these people think? They're catering to a third world market? Cripes. Amateur hour. They certainly lost my goodwill. That was my first and last Target experience.

I am looking for the product online, and I would prefer to pay $10 in shipping rather than waste my time again.

Does anyone know what the plan for the old Zellers at Lawrence Square is? I thought Target had bought the lease, (its on RioCan's leasing plans for the centre) - but its not longer mentioned as a potential Target.

Does anyone know what the plan for the old Zellers at Lawrence Square is? I thought Target had bought the lease, (its on RioCan's leasing plans for the centre) - but its not longer mentioned as a potential Target.

They definately picked-up the lease during their second wave of store announcments. At this point Target hasn't expressed what they will do with it.

Well, I went out, in polar vortex weather, and took an hour of my day to do so, only to be angered and frustrated. Today, I tried to call said store to find out whether the items had been stocked, or restocked, or whatever. The phone rang and rang and rang.
That is odd. Before Christmas my wife was checking on things and always got a quick answer on the phone. She said that the staff on the phone and in store were the most helpful of any she dealt with around Christmas.

That's why I used to like shopping at Eaton's. I could shop in peace and quiet.

(That doesn't bode well for Target)

One interesting data point: I was just at a Target in the States (Canton, MI) weekend before last and reconfirmed something I'd always noticed: Target stores in the States are never as crowded as Walmart, nor as hectic. They also always seem far less crammed full of stuff than Walmart does.

However, they are clearly much better stocked than their Canadian counterparts.

Back