News   Apr 19, 2024
 100     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 437     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 651     1 

Target

I'm not that familiar with Lowes. Not quite sure what it stocks. I get the impression it's closer to a Canadian Tire than a Target. Does it have food and clothes?

I'm not that familiar with Lowes. Not quite sure what it stocks. I get the impression it's closer to a Canadian Tire than a Target. Does it have food and clothes?

Lowes is a giant big box hardware store like Home Depot or Rona. No food or clothing.

I miss Target already. I shopped there mostly for groceries and the pharmacy. I have no use for Lowe's. For hardware and things like that i prefer the smaller stores like Home Hardware or Canadian Tire.

Last edited:
Not even general merchandise like Canadian Tire?

How dull.

It is remarkably similar to Home Depot.

What is interesting about Lowes is that when they entered the Canadian market place they were set on buying land and building stores on them.......and leasing any excess land to complimentary retailers/users.....this seems like a big step into existing malls under lease agreements with landlords.

Lawrence Square, even a week or 2 ago, the floor plan on the website still had Target coming soon. At least its changed now.

I prefer the layout, look and feel of Home Depot over Lowe's but, in all fairness, they're essentially the same. Pricing of identical merchandise vary, as some I've found cheaper at Home Depot and others cheaper at Lowe's; it's a mixed bag. If you like to cross-shop, then you can definitely do that between the two retailers and they'll price match.

Similar. But I think far nicer. Good selection of appliances, good garden department and furnishings. Great paint dept.

home depot to me is more nuts and bolts by that i mean it more geared towards contractors and people who know what they are doing.
lowes is more for the everyday person to tackle small jobs. has a greater home decor/home astectics, small appliances choices.

Back