News   May 13, 2024
 252     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 472     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     2 

T.O. condos for sale and for lease -stats, charts, heat maps

how is it proprietary data? It's basically public information...the only thing is where we live they're stupid enough to force us to obtain the information from real estate agents.

Details within a contract between 2 private parties is not considered 'public' information. The buyers/sellers into a agreement to provide that information. You can also deduce this from a title search (ask a lawyer or someone involved in real estate that has access to the Ontario land registry). That information isn't posted on any of the Comm free sites? Really no different than finding out what someone paid for a Toyota - it's slightly different from one dealership to another. On the flip side, would the public have any of this information if MLS was never created? something to think about.

I'm involved in development, not real estate transactions, so I have some background in it.

I was just curious to see what the motivation of Recharts is... does he want a massive sell-off (if he is a realtor, then he would definitely benefit from transaction costs). Realtors make money whether the market goes up or down, as long as there are transactions... (more money involved in an upmarket though).

that's all.

I have decided to shut down the blog
More info here: http://recharts.blogspot.fr/2013/09/this-blog-is-shutting-down.html
The blog will be ...let's call it dormant :)

I wish you a happy real estate bubble. :p

PS: too bad I did not get the chance to implement (finish) this

Possible+representation+for+condo+sales+and+active+inventory+in+Toronto-explained.jpg

This morning when I was considering posting the mid month stats TREB stats came out out:
TO SFH price up just 0.8 YoY.
TO Condos 0.9%,
Semis down 4.8% That sucks!

I guess Aug was indeed dead cat's bounce

I was considering posting my data (no charts though) exactly because I was seeing the above...

TO Condo sales MTD: 350.
1/2 month gone.
If we exclude the Thanks Giving weekend this comes to ~30/day->max 850/Oct
That would mean -25% YoY since the Oct 2012 sales were: 1141 (adjusted)
The Oct 2012 sales were down -14% YoY
Is the Toronto Condo market crashing??
I am really curious if the market will rebound for the second half of this month.

You get a cease and desist letter from someone lol?.

Don't be an idiot :D
Cease what?

The shutdown had more to do with the disgust that the endless human stupidity caused me :)
Your reply is a pure example.

PS: I assume that you know little about Internet and anonymity or copyright laws.
MLS data is leaking everywhere. These are things that some might want to stop.
But what would be their request for the judge?
"Please stop them from publishing data that shows we are fudging numbers and we are double or triple listing properties!" ??

Later edit: FYI ..I have received a couple of business proposals from RE agents which I rejected. Moreover someone on this forum asked me if I am looking for a full time job :D
Any of the above revalidated the fact that my work is not breaking any laws

Last edited:
OMG

A CRASH!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH

wait, wasn't that supposed to happen 10 years ago?

Don't be an idiot :D
Cease what?

The shutdown had more to do with the disgust that the endless human stupidity caused me :)
Your reply is a pure example.

PS: I assume that you know little about Internet and anonymity or copyright laws.
MLS data is leaking everywhere. These are things that some might want to stop.
But what would be their request for the judge?
"Please stop them from publishing data that shows we are fudging numbers and we are double or triple listing properties!" ??

Later edit: FYI ..I have received a couple of business proposals from RE agents which I rejected. Moreover someone on this forum asked me if I am looking for a full time job :D
Any of the above revalidated the fact that my work is not breaking any laws

Any sites that you can suggest for this published "data"?

Thanks - anything similar for Toronto? - also how do i get invited to your blogger site? send you some flowers? :)

there is a http://gtapricedrop.blogspot.ca/
Also watch for the poster CanadianWatchdog on www.greaterfool.ca blog

https://www.google.ca/search?q=canadianwatchdog+site:greaterfool.ca

go over his posts and you will find links to sales reports, listings and stats

my blogger site is closed. no updates and no invitations. I do continue to collect and compile stats for myself.
I post stats now and then either here or on greaterfool.ca. You can also watch my twitter account
the number of stupid people craving for real estate sugar when they have diabetes is big and the impact of my site was minimal so I shut it down.
who knows, one day it might be back ..but for now I am too busy to keep it up and as I mentioned the effort is not worth it.

Last edited:

Back