News   Jul 25, 2024
 549     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 476     0 

Susan Boyle, the wee Scottish lady who sings

Letty Cottin Pogrebin wrote that although people may "weep for the years of wasted talent", Boyle's performance was a triumph for "women of a certain age" over a youth culture that often dismisses middle-aged women.

I was way over Susan Boyle a month ago however I felt a tug at my heart with her recent outbursts and reports today that she was being "comforted" by a team of psychiatrists prior to last night's finale. The pressure on this simple woman from a small, remote village had to have been enormous.

So she lost, but her first performance became this years most popular viral video so far, albeit incredibly overexposed by the media in the end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ad-final-Britains-Got-Talent-performance.html

I hope she gets well. I'm still in shock that she lost out to a bunch of Bring It On cast rejects. Oh and calling themelves "Diversity" when nine of the 10 dancers are white? Wtf? I'll never get emotionally invested in a talent show competition again.

I hope she gets well. I'm still in shock that she lost out to a bunch of Bring It On cast rejects. Oh and calling themelves "Diversity" when nine of the 10 dancers are white? Wtf? I'll never get emotionally invested in a talent show competition again.

As we all know, white people are all the same....

Why is everything about race?

afransen:

Because it is Dentrobates? We all know what happened to the latter - perhaps the "tragedy" shall happen again.

As to Susan Doyle - I just don't get what the obsession/frenzy about her is - and I am not sure whether the current news re: seculsion, pressure and the like is genuine or posturing; like seriously, taking part in these shows by default is asking for attention, no?

AoD

Last edited:
afransen:

Because it is Dentrobates? We all know what happened to the latter - perhaps the "tragedy" shall happen again.

As to Susan Doyle - I just don't get what the obsession/frenzy about her is - and I am not sure whether the current news re: seculsion, pressure and the like is genuine or posturing; like seriously, taking part in these shows by default is asking for attention, no?

AoD

Why do people keep comparing me to this Dentrobate fellow? I assure you that I'm not him. Please enough with the slanderous innuendo already! Susan Boyle is a role model for all those in the world who were told they'll never make it because they're ugly or not attractive. Those whom develop low self esteem issues and may want to do drastic things like plastic surgery in order to fit society's conception of beauty. She's now there to epitomitize an individual's raw, unbridled talent and personality traits can triumph over 'looks' discrimination.

Let me point out why:

Dentrobates - genera of poison dart frogs
Amphibius - frog like mutant in X-Men.

Geez, what are the chances of two individuals with similiar posting styles utilizing handles with origins from amphibians? Try not to insult our intelligence by playing these silly games - your days on UT is numbered, at best.

AoD

Crazy Frog - A former hideous, irritating, over-exposed, helium-voiced, pop culture nonentity.

Susan Boyle - A brand new hideous, irritating, over-exposed, media-inflated, pop culture nonentity.

Coincidence? I think not.

I felt that way too after Adam lost on AI, but I'm getting over it!

The law is an ass and so is the media.
Susan Boyle will be a success because she is unique and she is talented. I see a wee bit of Babs in her.

Back