News   Jul 22, 2024
 452     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 593     0 

Subway Revitalization Project

..Yonge station would have been first on my list of revamps..its horrible..
I reckon that's a traffic matter more than a visual matter. Remember that the Bloor station on the Yonge line already underwent a revamp in the 90s--which is usually thought of as the best on all of the Yonge line...

I personally don't mind the light green tiles constituting St. Patrick Station. I think the colour is quite appropriate given the name of the station.

Die folgende Untergrundbahnstation ist Osgoode. Osgoode Untergrundbahnstation.

Ankommen bei Osgoode. Osgoode Untergrundbahnstation.

Sean: I love it. But to get the proper effect, the operatic announcement would need to start playing at Downsview, and play through to somewhere around Museum to give passengers enough time for a proper ovation before disembarking.

Are they seriously going through with these renderings. Wow, finally our subway stations will finally look good and not half assed and run down.

There's more important things that the TTC can/should be spending their money on aside from frilly make-overs.

A good cleaning should suffice for most stations (they are in desperate need of a good scrub). I would rather see renovation money go into creating new transit lines.

Some cities seem to be able to manage both- imagine that. I think by and large they're adequate but a few of them could do with some repair and revamping. I quite like the back-lit museum lettering but those mummy sarcophagi are a bit over the top for my taste.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Diamond + Schmitt station designs. Osgoode and St. Patrick stations, aside from new lighting fixtures, are nothing but images plastered onto existing walls. We've already seen that with large ads plastered onto walls at stations like St. George (where, after a few days, the ads are mostly ripped off by vandals).

Unauthorized vandals removing the offensive authorized vandals. All the power to the former, IMO. The Samsung ones a while back, with the same stupid stock broker suit guy was bad, Pizza Pizza is vomit-inducing.

The proposal for the Museum station platform contrasts greatly with the interior spaces in both the ROM Crystal and the Gardiner Museum, in a bad way. The only prominent features on the platform are the historicist columns, which appear out of place. Chances are the columns will be terribly detailed when finished, and will become the target for all sorts of vandalism. The rest of the design lacks originality.

I hate Museum too. Why not commission Libeskind to do something interesting while he's stil in town? (It'd be a new thing for him, can't just replicate the crystal architecture again!) Why not Sugimoto's seascapes?

Good to hear about the Pape reno, and the impending Yonge renovation. Will they ever make it two-platformed (at Yonge)?

You know what?

A good majority of the stations need to be renovated. They're old and look like crap. I can't wait for them to be updated from the eyesores they are now.

So it begins?

Ceiling metal strips now removed from Museum station...

P1080822.jpg

adma- No I don't mean Bloor, but Yonge Station- it is in pretty bad shape. The circulation is another story altogether- that I don't see ever getting dealt with.

p5

I don't think these projects will make these stations look much better than the washroom tiles already there. The design is kitchy but not camp; and they look that they won't age well. Very unfortunate.

Unauthorized vandals removing the offensive authorized vandals. All the power to the former, IMO. The Samsung ones a while back, with the same stupid stock broker suit guy was bad, Pizza Pizza is vomit-inducing.

The pizza pizza ones were horrible... but staring at the food while waiting for a train really made you want pizza pizza.

Telus had nice ads. Many of them didn't have the Telus logo on it and some were also useful messages (ie. Watch your step on the stairs)

Bell's ads around Christmas weren't bad either... wrapped gifts with no logo or message present.

Bell's teaser ads weren't bad, really different, well, until they brought out the beavers. I hate the beavers with a passion - at least the Telus monkeys don't say anything.

I don't think these projects will make these stations look much better than the washroom tiles already there. The design is kitchy but not camp; and they look that they won't age well. Very unfortunate.

I agree. They have some nice elements, but overall there's just too much going on.

Back