News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 448     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Subway Extension to STC or Sheppard East LRT?

Which would you choose, a subway (replacing the SRT) to STC or a Sheppard East LRT?

• Total voters
abstained. question is way too misleading.

The real choice is more like:

1. BD Subway extension to STC.
2. SE-LRT and SRT LRT upgrade and extension to Sheppard

I made it as simple as possible.

if you want to be really anal it's

1. BD extension to STC AND a short Sheppard subway extension to either Vic Park or Agincourt or somewhere
2. SRT replacement and extension with LRT AND Sheppard East LRT

I hope the Sheppard East LRT is not dead. Whatever happens on this corridor there is some news. I was on the 85 bus yesteday and the bypass is now being used at the Agincourt GO Station. The traffic is reduced to 1 lane in each direction but there are some left turn lanes there to help traffic keep moving as it will be slowed down now that construction can really begin on this needed grade seperation. I hope they consider funding maybe a spur line of the Sheppard East LRT at around Brimley that would maybe go down to Scarborough Town Centre underground (to appease the subway enthusiasts). This spur line would replace the very heavily used 190 bus route and it would better connect Scarborough Town Centre with North Yok Centre.

I hope the Sheppard East LRT is not dead. Whatever happens on this corridor there is some news. I was on the 85 bus yesteday and the bypass is now being used at the Agincourt GO Station. The traffic is reduced to 1 lane in each direction but there are some left turn lanes there to help traffic keep moving as it will be slowed down now that construction can really begin on this needed grade seperation. I hope they consider funding maybe a spur line of the Sheppard East LRT at around Brimley that would maybe go down to Scarborough Town Centre underground (to appease the subway enthusiasts). This spur line would replace the very heavily used 190 bus route and it would better connect Scarborough Town Centre with North Yok Centre.

If you're going to bother going underground to STC via Sheppard, why on earth would you not just finish the Sheppard Subway?????

Just underground from where the Brimley Spur lines veers south off of the main Sheppard East LRT corridor.

Just underground from where the Brimley Spur lines veers south off of the main Sheppard East LRT corridor.

And at Don Mills too. So wtf is the point of running it on the street anyway? Just finish the subway and you can have a spaghetti mess of LRTs emanating from STC.

Back