News   Sep 18, 2024
 182     0 
News   Sep 18, 2024
 385     1 
News   Sep 18, 2024
 692     1 

Streetcar Tracks on Adelaide

1726520658738.png

I'm missing the link to the quote. Perhaps you can relink it?

Was this from council?
The quote was from the star. UT loads EXTREMELY slowly for me and crashes often when logged in, is this affecting anyone else?

I don't normally wander around Adelaide, west of York or east of Spadina. But walking down Peter the other day I noticed that there's no sign of any overhead yet! I'm sure many here are fully aware of that, and it's been discussed - but it's gone right over my head.

I can see that there's construction delays, etc. But I'm puzzled why in all this time there's been no attempt (that I could see at Peter) to work on the overhead! I assume the plan is that overhead will be restored here? Or will this become another great idea, and half-completed project, that never sees any use?

Ah, I see it now (I don't see that it was posted before, in this thread at least). There isn't anything in that Star article that says why it would cost $78,586. And it was done very quickly. I'd assumed it was all done using existing staff - or a standing contract I suppose.

The quote was from the star. UT loads EXTREMELY slowly for me and crashes often when logged in, is this affecting anyone else?
No issues here.

I don't normally wander around Adelaide, west of York or east of Spadina. But walking down Peter the other day I noticed that there's no sign of any overhead yet!
I walked Adelaide from York to Charlotte on Friday and contact wire was present for the entire stretch but it was all tied with strings to hold it up.

I don't normally wander around Adelaide, west of York or east of Spadina. But walking down Peter the other day I noticed that there's no sign of any overhead yet! I'm sure many here are fully aware of that, and it's been discussed - but it's gone right over my head.

I can see that there's construction delays, etc. But I'm puzzled why in all this time there's been no attempt (that I could see at Peter) to work on the overhead! I assume the plan is that overhead will be restored here? Or will this become another great idea, and half-completed project, that never sees any use?

Ah, I see it now (I don't see that it was posted before, in this thread at least). There isn't anything in that Star article that says why it would cost $78,586. And it was done very quickly. I'd assumed it was all done using existing staff - or a standing contract I suppose.

No issues here.
Pretty much all the overhead support cables - the ones that run across the street - and the hangers - the things the contact wire hangs from -
were up a couple of weeks ago and they had certainly strung some of the power cables and contact wires.

I walked Adelaide from York to Charlotte on Friday and contact wire was present for the entire stretch but it was all tied with strings to hold it up.
Either that was very quick, or I'm blind. I was there last Tuesday, and I didn't see anything at Peter. And I stopped walking and looked around carefully.

(perhaps I am blind! :) )

Back