News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 854     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Thank you for posting the pictures of the progress. We're really enjoying seeing our future home go up via your camera lens.

We just recieved a letter this week saying our move in date was pushed one month from November to December.

OK - I know. Here's the update you've been screaming for.
Why, why The Star Of Downtown, you ask? I don't know myself. It must be the name that draws me onward....

From Wellesley, looking West.
stard4.jpg

From the back...
stard3.jpg

Once more, from the back...
stard2.jpg

stard1.jpg

From the west...
stard5.jpg

I hope this quenches everyone's thirst for images of this edifice, for awhile...

If Orwell can reverse 1948 to get his title of 1984, maybe these people reversed Toronto Star to get their unfortunate moniker - probably after an ascerbic review of the area by one Christopher Hume.

We are enjoying your photographic record. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Why, why The Star Of Downtown, you ask? I don't know myself. It must be the name that draws me onward....

So named because "That Building Over There" was already taken.

Maybe they should have been more specific, considering there are different classifications of stars.....

White Dwarfs, Red Giants, Supergiants, Normal Giants, Sub Giants, Main Sequence Stars, Subdwarfs.....

I can think of a few buildings that could go in each of these categories.

It seems to just keep growing. Oh wait - better word - festering.

Thanks for the pix.

I hope these new buildings have retail at the base. I think it was a mistake not to include retail in the longterm care building on the northwest corner of Wellesley and Sherbourne.

Back