St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Extremely dissatisfied with the builder's finish of my unit. the worst paint job I have seen in my life. It's like they didn't even try to do a professional job, it's as if they hired someone off the streets and told them to paint. Noticed several other defects AFTER PDI, so I'll need to submit for repair. Annoying..

Hi, Does anyone know if the builder will still install rolling blinds, if not any good recommended companies out there..

Hi, Does anyone know if the builder will still install rolling blinds, if not any good recommended companies out there..
I've used Decor Shade Systems for all my properties and multiple of my friends have used them as well and they are fantastic!!! They come to your place to measure and bring samples of their various products and pricing is very fair. Speak to Biju, his number is 647-302-1378. Tell him Anish sent you, and he will hook you up. https://www.decorshadesystems.com/

Hi everyone,
I am having a real hard time with the cooling and heating system in my condo. I am wondering if others are having the same problems. My unit is currently at 26.5 degrees and it's unbearably hot. Others having the same problem?

Hi everyone,
I am having a real hard time with the cooling and heating system in my condo. I am wondering if others are having the same problems. My unit is currently at 26.5 degrees and it's unbearably hot. Others having the same problem?
yes - I am having the same problem. I tried emailing building management and they said no one has mentioned anything and that it is the unit owner's responsibility to manage temperatures... kind of a bs answer; the heat is INSANE, even overnight when the sun is down! I'm wondering where the heating source for the building is.. maybe it is causing this problem? I am on the East side of the East tower - my unit as well as the hall outside it are extremely hot. Doesn't help that the window coverings/blinds are all back ordered. I'm not sure what the resolution here is, other than suffer until the weather cools...

Hi, thank you for sharing. I have been having this problem since my PDI. I called Toronto's Municipality and I was informed that many people have put a complaint to the inspector. So, I can't believe you were told that no one has mentioned this problem. Many certainly have. I hope more people post here so we can see how many people are actually going through the same problem. By the way I tried to post on the St. Lawrence building portal but my post was never approved

Hi, thank you for sharing. I have been having this problem since my PDI. I called Toronto's Municipality and I was informed that many people have put a complaint to the inspector. So, I can't believe you were told that no one has mentioned this problem. Many certainly have. I hope more people post here so we can see how many people are actually going through the same problem. By the way I tried to post on the St. Lawrence building portal but my post was never approved
One common feature in multi-residential buildings is that the heating & cooling comes from a heat pump and you can actually heat your unit in summer and cool it in winter. If your thermostat has a HEAT and a COLD option (and an OFF) it probably means your building is in this category. The building does not switch from heating to cooling as both are possible all year and each Unit needs to change the setting on the Unit's thermostat. Some units can be heating and others cooling at the same time.

One common feature in multi-residential buildings is that the heating & cooling comes from a heat pump and you can actually heat your unit in summer and cool it in winter. If your thermostat has a HEAT and a COLD option (and an OFF) it probably means your building is in this category. The building does not switch from heating to cooling as both are possible all year and each Unit needs to change the setting on the Unit's thermostat. Some units can be heating and others cooling at the same time.
Hi thank you for trying to help. I actually tried both settings and neither worked. Also the management said that the building cooling option has been turned off for the season. I wonder if this is particularly an East Tower problem?

Also very hot in my unit, east tower

Anyone got adjustments for the final closing, I got development charges of just over 15K for 1+1. Is it because I got it on assignment or everyone is being charged that much for development fees?
Are those supposed to be capped?

Anyone got adjustments for the final closing, I got development charges of just over 15K for 1+1. Is it because I got it on assignment or everyone is being charged that much for development fees?
Are those supposed to be capped?
if you purchased on assignment, the capped development charges and other potential incentives probably didn't transfer to you.
It will probably show on the original APS - that it won't be applied if assigned.

Back