Square One Shopping Centre

Looks like only Chipotle is left to open in the food court. Both escalators are coming along; most of the steps on the east one have been installed.

There is the other one where Mr Sub and DQ were that not ready to open and looking for staff.

I have seen next to no work in the last week at all for some reason. They have removed all the steps for the up escalators by the Bay this week and it been out of service for a few weeks.

The east escalator in the centre court are in the same condition as last week as well the ones to the west that are near ready to open. The centre court west escalator looks complete and went in real fast.

The Urban Planet store looks like it is deeper than before.

I guess the next round as who is moving will happen in January 2014

The Spot is gone and Jacob is under reno.

Ann Taylor opening in Nov across from Jacob in the old Club Monaco? location

I heard Microsoft is opening in the old Mexx spot. I wonder if Apple will expand its Square One location as they've done in similar situations in the US.

I heard Microsoft is opening in the old Mexx spot. I wonder if Apple will expand its Square One location as they've done in similar situations in the US.

I have this on zero authority but the space has been vacant for a while and it's a good size for such a store. Probably waiting for some last minute negotiations before they can make an announcement as I'm sure they'd want it open for Christmas.

Top Shop/Top Man opens on Saturday

Chipotle and Szechaun Express are now open in food court while Starbucks, KFC and Jimmy The Greek are undergoing renovations.

I think Wal-Mart's days are numbered at this mall. They are, at least, no longer a desirable tenant and it is only a matter of time before they leave. Aside from image issue there's also the very real problem of the traffic chaos Wal-Mart creates around Square One which is reason in and of itself to relocate somewhere else. The last time I was there I noticed that Wal-Mart's name had been removed and painted over on one of the large bulkheads which would seem to indicate that in the meantime, the mall is trying to downplay their presence.

At one time you could enter the mall early on a weekend, before the stores were open, and still enter the Walmart as it opened earlier than the rest of the mall. But now it seems the mall access doors are sealed until the mall officially opens; you can only enter from the outside. Yet the Target opens its mall access doors even when the rest of the mall is closed.

Chipotle is open, but for some reason does not take Debit. I tried to use it and they asked me to use CC or cash, which is fine for me, but one would think all the High school kids may just move to the next one.

Sears is also going warehouse mode- They are closing at the end of March (or sooner if stock is gone), they had some good sales. I bought curtains that were originally 90, for 26 bucks. Bought swim shorts for next year all between 10-15, and some nike work out gear for all under 20. Lines were long, a woman told me the baby/childern's cloth is especialy cheap so if you need some for the winter, check it out. That area was a zoo.

Chipotle is open, but for some reason does not take Debit. I tried to use it and they asked me to use CC or cash, which is fine for me, but one would think all the High school kids may just move to the next one.

This appears to be the case with all Chipotle's. When the one near me opened at Front and York, theyhad posters saying 'we don't interact with Interac' which I thought was a cute way of saying 'sorry, no debit at the moment'...2 years later and well I guess they meant they aren't taking debit, period.

Chipotle has never taken debit. When you ask, they tell you it's an American company. Weird, because I shop at lots of American companies, and they all take debit.

I finally went to Chipotle last week. Had to go a bit before noon because for some reason there have always been ridiculous lineups to eat there. Like Soviet food lines.

Glad I didn't wait it out. Too many cold ingredients (especially sour cream, cheese and guacamole) made it seem like the whole thing just came out of the fridge recently. I was surprised they don't even warm them up after assembly. Also, the way it was assembled had a serious case of this:
https://medium.com/comedy-corner/fd08c0babb57

No idea what the hype about that place is about. I'll probably end up trying it again, but definitely not if there's a lineup.

On a positive note, I love love love that the food court now mostly uses real dishes. So much less waste better overall eating experience.

Chipotle has never taken debit. When you ask, they tell you it's an American company. Weird, because I shop at lots of American companies, and they all take debit.

Seems like bad business sense, not only because of potentially lost customers (especially as someone pointed out, high schoolers) but of all the food that probably gets discarded because people order then find out after the fact that they don't take debit.

According to Chipotle it slows down their flow of customers. They shoot for very fast ticket times (order to payment) in order to maximize sales, they have never taken debit. Maybe now that there is flash, etc I see it probably coming though

According to Chipotle it slows down their flow of customers. They shoot for very fast ticket times (order to payment) in order to maximize sales, they have never taken debit. Maybe now that there is flash, etc I see it probably coming though

But I used my chip CC, which is the same speed as interact. Isn't interact also cheaper than CC for the business? I imagine over time they will bring it in, especially as more and more CC's need you to go chipped, losing the speed advantage.

Back