Square One Shopping Centre

Well if you look at the hybrid view on the map it does have the line I drew going through the North part of the parking lot. But from what I remember this is supposed to be an extension of the drive that connects to the other side of Square One at Duke of York Blvd. I think it's supposed to be called Square One Drive? And it's supposed to be lined with retail...

Well if you look at the hybrid view on the map it does have the line I drew going through the North part of the parking lot. But from what I remember this is supposed to be an extension of the drive that connects to the other side of Square One at Duke of York Blvd. I think it's supposed to be called Square One Drive? And it's supposed to be lined with retail...

The new extension is just north of the parking lot, not through the north part of it. The road that runs through the Sq.1 parking lot is being rebuilt so it will line up with the new extension.

Oh I thought it was going to be the other way around. Well either way, it's great news :) It's going to be cool to see retail stretch from one side of the mall parking lot through to the other. Less parking lot, the better I say!

Aéropostale is going into the old Jacob Connexion location at Erin Mills Town Centre (Jacob Connexion moved into the old Jacob Jr. location beside Jacob--apparently they're getting rid of Jacob Jr.)

Oh and the H&M at Square One will (finally) be getting a men's section in April.

Are they taking over an adjacent space, or just cutting down on the amount of women's clothing? Or maybe like many shopping streets in Europe, there will be more than one H&M?

It's taking over the space on the right side of the store, if the information I've heard is correct.

From shopsquareone.com:

Coming Soon:

Bebe (second Toronto store after Eaton Centre as far as I can tell)
Okaidi (a French 0-14 years kids store, no stores in Canada as far as I can tell)
Spence Diamonds (is the one at Hurontario/Eglinton staying put?)
Geox (Italian shoe company, also at Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, Sherway)
Earls Bar/Grill (first location not in the West it seems)
Running Room (third Mississauga location)
Panara Bread (not sure if they meant Panera Bread, which is US-based)
Boston Pizza (not that we need another one of these in Mississauga)
Coach (American leather bags, also at Sherway, Eaton Ctr, Yorkdale, Bloor; coming August 22, 2008 according to Coach.com)

Square One Drive Retail

2259848074_7b69b02230_o.jpg

Plan for Square One Dr. retail from a source at City Hall. Note the 3 parking garages, 2 [between Wal-Mart & Sears], 5 [beside the transit terminal, across from Sears/Square One Dr.], 8 [between Zellers and Duke of York]). My source says all the parking garages have ground floor retail.

Very interesting stuff, CC....is there a timeframe on any of this? will we be seeing the new parking garages getting built in the near future?

It's an interesting concept, thanks for posting it.

The proposed parking garage on the north side of Square One Drive (top of the diagram) occupies a good deal of the space now used by the transit terminal. I wonder if the transit terminal will be partially on the ground level of this garage? There has been some talk of putting the new east-west busway underground at this point, but I really can't see underground platforms for a dozen bus routes!

I don't know how up-to-date this plan is. My source is going to try to get more details within a week hopefully.

Back