vzmqwkdahs

nssieinp

UnaroVala

wrersetar

leaphNeed

Immemiroado

Snituania

ProomiWrova

These were all pretty much from the same section of the site (Real Estate General Discussions). I didn't even go through any other sub-forum. And those were all posted just today.

There is a reason that the spammers are using this site. How about we address the root cause to give the poor mods a break (at least one mod was working feverishly deleting the posts as fast as I could report them). This is only going to get worse and worse unless it is addressed.

Just my two cents.

how do we address the root cause? I agree -- this past week or two seems to be the worst spam attack for the past couple of years

You might want to look into diarberanoriaIODALS He (or she, or it) writes in Cyrilic. To them you could add wjuhxkvcwk and hpwunhawek All in Real Estate Threads.

Last edited:
From the time I stopped reporting threads (with the little triangle 'report' button) last night, a little over twelve hours, until right now... there are at least 30+ more new spam posts in the Real Estate section. The likely number is closer to 40 or 50 though. I don't feel like opening each thread and seeing if some, or all, have multiple messages in them.

Needless to say, some poor mod/mods have a bit of cleaning up to do. I know I report about two dozen per day when I'm online reading the board. And I am certain that other UT members do the same as well. To the staff that have to constantly deal with this, I salute you!

Now, how about we discuss altering the registration to make it a bit more difficult so this site isn't overrun with the blight of spammers?

Yes, it's getting too much again. Not sure how to stop it - no posting for x days after registerring? Here's another from today (Is my superintendent getting paid too much")

sliciommire

And several more yesterdaya nd today in the thread wellesley & sherbourne area...how is it

Last edited:
When I was an Admin of a pretty large site about six years ago, we had a similar problem. The five of us got together and someone had an idea that centered around the registration process. I can't, for the life of me, remember what the solution was... but it worked.

To any of the staff: Does this site require a valid email address and a confirmation/authorization email in order to complete the 'new member' process before one can post? It's been too long for me to remember what was entailed to join UT.

detroitbootybass:

From the time I stopped reporting threads (with the little triangle 'report' button) last night, a little over twelve hours, until right now... there are at least 30+ more new spam posts in the Real Estate section. The likely number is closer to 40 or 50 though. I don't feel like opening each thread and seeing if some, or all, have multiple messages in them.

We are looking at ~150+ active and inactive bots signup per day.

AoD

detroitbootybass:

We are looking at ~150+ active and inactive bots signup per day.

AoD

icon14.png
That must keep you fairly busy as it seems like you're personally banning most of the spammer account that I've happened to check!

more work for you guys ... please delete spam postings by

shahbaz123

and ban ... seems like a bot and spamming r/e threads

thanks mods

more work for you guys ... please delete spam postings by

rz1rzs

and ban ... spamming r/e threads

thanks mods

Back