Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

A bit of the top from Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1690.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 326
Well, I guess the roof materializing is a minor victory for us. Not that I think this a stunner by any means, but they're at least trying to remain true to the original plans. The spacing of the glass at the top also provides some much needed texture, as 18 York is about as plain as a tower gets.

It's plain, but I'd say we built plainer recently with the construction of the Bay Adelaide Centre. The spaced cladding on the top section of glass, the quality of the glass, and the lone yet substantial fin are in my opinion more catching design elements than anything I can point out on the bigger, blander BAC (save for the light installation on the bottom - that was a nice touch).

Not that I'm disagreeing that this building is under-designed. Just not the plainest tower from the recent boom.

speaking of 7 world trade centre, that would have looked great right on the pwc tower site, that would have been awesome for our skyline

i'm thinking that the roof of 16 York might have similar treatement to that of 18 York plus being taller. it'll have a similar (but of course lesser) effect. and ACTUALLY, one of the ICE condos will be taller than 7WTC (which i hadn't realized up until now)! :D

A full raft of renderings has just been added to the other Southcore thread now that the Bremner Tower and Delta Hotel excavation process has started.

SouthcoreRoofline750.jpg

Check'em out!

Some may not agree, but I think this is one of the best areas to invest in the city. I have done just that.

Why are you posting in this thread verse say ICE or the like (and really it belongs in the real estate section). This is an office complex, I doubt you leased office space here.

Back