Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

I don't find them particularly fat. They aren't condo towers after all. I also find the finishing of a much better quality than the typical suburban box. As far as boxes go, why not? They stand out as few others are building them. I also have little faith in our REITs and Pension Funds to pull off something a little more complex. One only needs to look at Calgary's latest additions like Jamieson or Centennial to see we're better off with our minimalistic boxes.

The PATH connection going from Telus to PWC is now going up.

2010.11.09%20-%20PricewaterhouseCoopers%20PATH%20Bridge.jpg

I work at PwC downtown so I'm pretty excited for the new office to be completed. It looks much better than the RT Tower so anything is an upgrade. I have no idea what they will do with the space in RT Tower and York Centre where the firm is moving from. Who will move into that office space?

Haha, every once in a while certain statements come along and make me believe that some people just don't deserve to have an opinion.

Oct 1 2010 update

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

IMG_5060.jpg

thanks for posting that, its nice to see groundbreaking for phase 2 has started and is relatively close to when they promised it would be, i was afraid this might take months or even a year to break ground on

Amazing, with the exception of the office tower that is part of Ice, the entire area will be completed by the end of 2014. What a transformation.

Amazing, with the exception of the office tower that is part of Ice, the entire area will be completed by the end of 2014. What a transformation.

Wow, just amazing ..what a crazy construction boom, now Toronto is building office towers on spec, hotels when there are 5 other ones on the go, a mamoth aquarium, what else is about to surprise us.

This one was a surprise, I was not expecting groundbreaking on the Southcore Delta to happen for many months yet. Has shoring/excavation started? If so, at 159.8m (524 feet) we have a new entry on the top 20 under construction list.

Wow, just amazing ..what a crazy construction boom, now Toronto is building office towers on spec, hotels when there are 5 other ones on the go, a mamoth aquarium, what else is about to surprise us.

Usually good indication of an bubble about to burst unfortunately....

Back