Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

lol... and puffed cheese at that. On the other hand I have never taken any dislike to our Citibank building, though it would be nice if it were taller.

I still do not see what is so bad about the Hyatt...

Seriously? You're far too humble. That building's probably one of the most ugliest high rises in the city. Too sterile, plastic, 1960's faddish and flat out dis-proportioned with a shitty facade.

It isn't nearly as offensive now that the surrounding area is going high-rise. It looked much worse when it was the largest building for blocks around because it had that extra attention on it, but now it's starting to blend into the background

Seriously? You're far too humble. That building's probably one of the most ugliest high rises in the city. Too sterile, plastic, 1960's faddish and flat out dis-proportioned with a shitty facade.
Wait, wait. You mean the place that used to be the Holiday Inn on King St? 1980's style, kinda looks like a cruise ship?

Wait, wait. You mean the place that used to be the Holiday Inn on King St? 1980's style, kinda looks like a cruise ship?

Personally, I think it's TIFF that looks like a cruise ship docked in Miami. The Hyatt looks more like a 1970's idea of Moon Base Alpha from "Space 1999". It's so bad that I love it.

;)

Oct 23
5107788816_343984d2d4_b.jpg

really nice shot skyscan! :)

when the bremner tower and delta go up there is going to be quite the cluster along with 18 york, telus house, 16 york, ice condos, mls and infinity

Thanks sodapop. It could have used a polarizing filter but unfortunately I didn't have one on me.

I can just imagine what this area will look like in a few years. With the aquarium going up as well, theres going to be so much foot traffic.

Was the height on this increased? I know a couple guys working on it and they're all adamant that it's now either 31 or 35 storeys

I was wondering that too - it should have topped out already but it seems to still be growing...

Back