Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

6640_650119878617_122602698_39185905_3471642_n.jpg

Perhaps unrelated, but is that a new sign on the south entrance to the convention centre?

I had never noticed it until the other day and, well, it's a terrible sign.

Why would a new sign say 'Metro Toronto Convention Centre' as opposed to just 'Toronto Convention Centre?' Makes me think the sign's been there all along. Maybe it's just lit better now.

Maybe it kept the Metro name? I dunno why it would though. Metro Toronto Zoo was shortened to Toronto Zoo. Metro Police became Toronto Police.

the sidewalks at this project and adjacent to the condos to the south seem nice and wide, maybe wider than the city norm. but maybe i'm imagining things. i can this being a popular spot for outdoor cafes one day.

the sidewalks at this project and adjacent to the condos to the south seem nice and wide, maybe wider than the city norm. but maybe i'm imagining things. i can this being a popular spot for outdoor cafes one day.

It's doubtful. Fairmont Hotel will be building a hotel residential there. I'm not sure if they want outdoor cafes? They didn't add any at Royal York.

There isn't space on the sidewalk at Royal York.

I thought there was a fairly wide space where the buses park. I'm not sure if all buses used to park there. I started noticing after I took the Megabus there.

No resto, and no outdoor cafés in Pamplona

I thought there was a fairly wide space where the buses park. I'm not sure if all buses used to park there. I started noticing after I took the Megabus there.

If you're talking about the west (York St) side, putting tables out there would be very difficult to serve (inside the doors, the stairs go down to the basement, not up to the lobby) and would have to deal with the hordes stampeding in or out of Union, depending on the time of day.

Back