Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

I think it is kind of a shame that the adjacent lot (ICE) is going to be condos. I would rather it had been office as well - even if it means that it takes a decade. I think a bit of a cluster would have been better - I mean it is not like that area is short of residential condo towers.

I think it is kind of a shame that the adjacent lot (ICE) is going to be condos. I would rather it had been office as well - even if it means that it takes a decade. I think a bit of a cluster would have been better - I mean it is not like that area is short of residential condo towers.

The first south building on the adjacent lot will be a 31 storey office tower, add 45 Bay and any future empty lots down there designated for office developments, also include any future proposed office development for the Toronto Star lands, and this area will have a good mix. If they are looking at building a good cluster of office buildings other than the financial core, then they should be looking at, Bloor/Yonge, St.Clair/Yonge, Eglinton/Yonge, and of course Sheppard/Yonge.

Last edited:

Mixed-use should be the objective of all new development downtown. Also, as Automation points out, there is a substantial office component to the Ice project.

I'd like to see something more than a glass box for the path connection over York... not necessarily a Calatrava... but more than a box.

sany0322.jpg

by me: caltrane74

As opposed to a trussed box, which sounds like something you'd find on a lesbian S&M fetish night...

Back