News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

South Unionville Square (Kennedy n of 407, Mady Dev Corp, 12s, Turner Fleischer) COMPLETE

From the GO train, I could see that the crane was still up. I think there's still quite a bit to do on this one.

Bumping this thread from the past. How's the progress on this development? Is it occupied yet? Any news/updates? I can't seem to find any pricing information on the townhouses.... :(

The T&T / indoor mall building exterior (at Kennedy & Castan) is fully constructed just doing the interior work right now ... all the other commercial buildings is still underway ... the 12 storey residential tower at Kennedy & South Unionville Avenue has received its building permit and has just started on the 2nd level

You won't find any information on the 28 townhouses facing the east side (Unity Gardens Drive) because they have long been sold ~

Confirmed address of the residential tower (The Residences at South Unionville Square) is 8323 Kennedy Road

Confirmed address of the residential tower (The Residences at South Unionville Square) is 8323 Kennedy Road

The T&T is finally open.

The store definitely borrows elements from the Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws store (Funny thing, we actually saw a uniquely-colored orange shopping cart somehow taken from the MLG store with Loblaws logos and all, being used by employees to move produce around). From the colored flooring, to the dark ceiling, to the underground grocery parking. Those who have been to this store will know what I mean.

Anybody have photos to share?

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for a (small) update on April 11, 2013:

Ki2J30H.jpg

any updates on when the residence will close?

how much are those 2 bed 2 bad condos going for these days?

I swear the mall is empty, never been in but every single storefront with windows is unfinished. The condo tower has also been taking forever to finish I've watched the development north of Downtown Markham go from 10-18 floors and get half of its cladding in the time it has taken for this development to install 5 floors of windows.

I've been inside a number of times and while the T&T is almost always full of people, the upper floors where the individual stores are supposed to be are all empty. Only a handful of tenants but the rest have yet to be occupied. The retail units lining the parking lot on the inside of the complex are all occupied however.

I'm wondering why they didn't provide parallel parking along Kennedy as well, considering that it would have actually allowed for the retail units lining the streets to survive.

Soo ugly ... worse in person ... the condo and townhomes at the back. Now I like the quality of the finishings near the mall entrance, but that's it.

It definitely does not fare well in aesthetics but I suppose the retail would pick up once the condo starts to become occupied... I actually don't mind the townhomes but the tower is complete garbage.

I hate the white fence fronting the townhomes, to me that screams ugly / cheep.

Oh I'm sure the retail will do well here, that's just a matter of time.

Back