News   Apr 15, 2024
 872     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 639     0 

Sobeys

Yes, PukeGreen, that's Ilsa.

I rather like the cool young flippy flippy guy. He's got a uniquely memorable style ( or lack thereof ) and, in the zany Check-Out-Of-Fools world that exists in the downtown Dominion stores, it kinda works.

I don't know from Ilsa. Is she the one with the over conditioned sorta grown out spiral perm with the bad brassy colour with the really dark roots?

Ilsa's 40-ish, stocky, darkish hair in a headband thingy, makes cynical quips, looks like she's about to treat you real bad ... and ought to set up as a dominatrix once she figures out how much more money she can make.

Is Ilsa that the woman with the headband thingy? She is the crankiest of the cranky. Haven't seen her recently either, maybe she finally cracked.

Yeah she's still there. She was outside having a smoke break yesterday with potbelly walrus mustache guy who tends the flowers.

I can't believe I've never noticed Ilsa. I'll have to keep an eye out for her when I go in for Diet Cokes and Kashi crackers.

What I can't figure out is that big island thing, just before the checkout. There are people standing behind the desk. What do they do? Can I take my yogurt and pate there when my only alternative is to submit to Ilsa or the cool flippy flippy dude and his exotic routine?

Why that's their "Customer Service" counter! You can get your film developed there, buy lottery tickets, and I'm sure many other exciting things. Just don't try to pay for a purchase there, as I was snapped at when I brought a few products there due to the long check-out lines and was told that it's not a check-out.
TIP: If the check-out lines are long, there is a cashier at the prepared foods counter who will check you out. I almost always go there once I turn the corner and see the mess and chaos of the check-out area at the front.

You mean at the east end, near the entrance from Front, where they serve the potato salad and stuff? How clever of you!

Huge admission: I quite like their eclairs.

Yes, right by the entrance on Front. If you are entering the store from Front you would turn right, climb the ramp, and the check-out is just to your left as you enter the store.
I've not tried their eclairs but I love eclairs and have yet to meet one I disliked, so I shall try one this weekend!

Though at the deli counter a few weeks back there were six of us lined up to buy cold cuts from one harried staffer while three others stood around talking about where they were going to ski this year and the relative merits of Osler vs. Tremblant.

I love the velvety Parma prosciutto they sell in the St. Lawrence Market ( south building ); on Saturdays it gets a little table all to itself.

Osler was a very painful. I was going down a long hill rather quickly with a friend, and they had these fluorescent plastic half spheres all the way down the hill. Unfortunately, somebody obviously spotted one at the very last second and stopped right in front of it, kicking up enough snow that it was completely invisible from uphill. The conditions were terrible, so the whole hill was ice pellets. We measured from the cone to where I landed (on solid ice) and it was fifteen feet. I discovered at the end of the day that my white t-shirt had turned red.

Back