News   Aug 27, 2024
 541     0 

Site Suspended Warning

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
For those of you trying to get online last night you would have got a "Site Suspended" warning. Basically traffic is growing faster than our server can handle. We will have to move the site shortly so be patient if you're having trouble logging on.

Any support towards moving the site will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

For those of you trying to get online last night you would have got a "Site Suspended" warning. Basically traffic is growing faster than our server can handle. We will have to move the site shortly so be patient if you're having trouble logging on.

Any support towards moving the site will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

Ah, the perils of success.

Ed, have you decided on a new host yet? Or are you still looking at options?

You may want to look into http://www.colo-cation.com/ - I've been using them for over 7 years, they are very realiable.

You should put the donate button near the top of the page, I don't think many people scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

May be you should incorporate some sort of sponsorship system, with member benefits for those that donate (not sure what kind of benefits at this point). A car forum I frequent does just that. Individuals whom donate get member benefits. But most importantly, they get the word "Sponsor" under their name, which shows the rest of the forum members that they have helped the site. It's great for the ego :)

Or, if you're looking for an alternative to mega-hosting locations, I can give a very solid recommendation to Theorem.ca, a small Canadian shop out of Victoria that provides A+ personal service, that I've been working with for about six years. I've referred other organizations - some of them sizeable - to Theorem, and so far, they're all satisfied customers. If you're interested in getting a quote or learning more, just lemme know.

Its not the photos. Our traffic has tripled in the past year. We are a victim of our own success. The next server upgrade should take care of us for a long while.

Ed if you need any help moving the forum let me know. I sent a few dollars your way (via Paypal) to help pay the hosting bills.

Back