News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 504     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Sherway (Greenfield South) Power Plant

I think what TOareafan is referring to is the developer's legal obligation to mitigate its damages. The "duty to mitigate" exists as a matter of law, but the real question is whether the contract contains provisions that somehow change the general proposition that the developer has a duty to mitigate.

I think what TOareafan is referring to is the developer's legal obligation to mitigate its damages. The "duty to mitigate" exists as a matter of law, but the real question is whether the contract contains provisions that somehow change the general proposition that the developer has a duty to mitigate.

exactly. I was not advocating an arbitrary cancellation (although that is what they seemed to promise in the election) but a notice/letter telling them it was the intent of the government to relocate the plant and that negotiations of penalties would commence now and that included in that would be work to date but no further work should be done would have an impact for the precise reason you note.

Also, my post questioned why you would allow tax payer money to facilitate additional work (the police and hydro crews necessary to get the stuff into the site) when you intend to cancel/move (if that is the case) makes no sense.

This plant is either gonna get built and the government is gonna rework their election promise to "we said we would try and cancel it" or its cost to cancel/relocate is gonna be massive...and massive gets redefined daily as work continues.

This plant is either gonna get built and the government is gonna rework their election promise to "we said we would try and cancel it" or its cost to cancel/relocate is gonna be massive...and massive gets redefined daily as work continues.

This plant is going to get built. I don't know how they'll finagle out of the election promise, but it was one of the worst examples of pandering I've ever seen, and it made ZERO sense from any/all perspectives. The question is how do you get out of it without putting a bullet into the local MLA -- and I must admit I don't really care.

This plant is going to get built. I don't know how they'll finagle out of the election promise, but it was one of the worst examples of pandering I've ever seen, and it made ZERO sense from any/all perspectives. The question is how do you get out of it without putting a bullet into the local MLA -- and I must admit I don't really care.

MLA? I take it you're not from Ontaro lol.

Come on now, we don't want to drag out the old diversity thread from the past do we? We all know it was a reference to MPP.

I'm not familiar with the "diversity thread" of which you speak.

Of course I know he meant MPP, but he said MLA. Someone from Ontario probably (a) doesn't know what an MLA is and (b) certainly wouldn't have said MLA when they meant MPP (even though they are the same thing).

Guilty as charged -- born in AB. Had a brain fart.

OTOH, most normal humans would have been able to understand the point of my post. Do you need me to re-post with MPP?

I did understand your post. And no I do not need you re-post to write MPP. Was just pointing it out in jest, hence the "lol" at the end of my post. Defensive much?

Dec 19
6598752173_5e9f28b349_b.jpg

6598752989_98f6a32305_b.jpg

6598753751_db4696801f_b.jpg

Looking at the above pictures I cannot understand why anyone would object to this small power plant being built in a barren industrial park next to a busy rail line :confused:

Where did the opposition come from:confused:

I have seen similar small power plants in Ontario built in residential areas right next to a Hospital where the steam from the plant is used to heat the Hospital. These plants are innocuous.

How many $100's Millions will it cost taxpayers to cancel this plant or the much larger one in Oakville :confused:

As we all know it was cancelled for no other reason than to secure a Liberal seat in the last election, just as a much larger plant in Oakville was cancelled to secure a Liberal seat in a bye-election :mad:

Together, easily over a $BILLION in cancellation fees to secure two Liberal seats :mad:

This is nothing more than vote buying on a massive scale. It is corruption pure and simple that is going to cost us $Billions and McGuinty should be behind bars for this!

Why do we put up with such blatant corruption from our politicians :confused:

I'm not sure I would call this corruption. Pandering yes, shameless pandering. Lack of conviction, etc.

Politicians do it, and we put up with it, because we demand it. It works. The locals got what they wanted, the rest of us got the bill. Standing on principle, sadly, most often gets politicians sent to opposition.

Back