Sheridan College (MCC, 4s, Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects) COMPLETE

Ooooh, exciting news out of nowhere. Let's see some renderings!

In Today's Mississauga News there was a rendering of the development showing 3 Towers and a hotel.
Random question but you get the apartment/tabloid version (weekly) of the News or the three times a week "newspaper" form? I saw the rendering in the Wednesday Newspaper verison and have been meaning to scan it in but I've been @ STC visiting friends so haven't had the chance. I'm wondering if the weekly News has a different rendering, in which case I could go steal if off my friend.

But I love the looks of it. It seems very tasteful Australian/East Asia vibe going on.

I don't own a scanner either, but just used the camera to photograph...apologies for the crappy quality...

Not sure I agree with FM's floor count, but this will still be a significant group of towers for MCC...nice roof!!

mcchotel002.jpg

looks like the tallest tower is around 45-46 storeys, plus the scalloped roof, which could add up to an additional 10 storeys, so this one could rival Marilyn in height, if approved as is....:)

Well the City Centre has no height restrictions, so the only thing that would be really judged is the design itself.

I count about 45 floors, plus a roof element of let's say a height equal to another 10 floors. So using normal residential floor heights that would peg this at around 550 feet.

Maybe Mississauga could become famous for its assortment of unusual roofs and condo hats. The hole reminds me of a Swiss cheese- / Jenga-style building under construction that I spotted next to a highway somewhere in suburban Chicago...I wish I had a name or a pic.

I don't own a scanner either, but just used the camera to photograph...apologies for the crappy quality...
If you don't mind, I posted your pic on the opening post. If you have any issues with that, just let me know and I'll take it down.

no problem at all, hopefully one of us can find a better render soon...:)

The roof lines look excessive and clunky to me. I wonder who the architects are - it can't be aA, the project lacks their elegant touch.

The centre tower will certainly be an attention getter, but I can't say I'm impressed at all with the tower designs overall.

Back