News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 946     1 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

I hope you're right. There was talk from a mayoral candidate about changing the Line 2 Extension to an LRT even as the project was underway.

Seems like significant LRT-support from people that will never use it.
They want it because it is cheaper and they think that their taxes won't go up.

I hope you're right. There was talk from a mayoral candidate about changing the Line 2 Extension to an LRT even as the project was underway.

Seems like significant LRT-support from people that will never use it.
The city isn't writing the cheques so they aren't the ones deciding.

The city isn't writing the cheques so they aren't the ones deciding.
Projects have been cancelled before that were 100% being delivered by Metrolinx, when there hasn't been support from council/mayor. We've been discussing this on and off in this very thread for a decade!

Projects have been cancelled before that were 100% being delivered by Metrolinx, when there hasn't been support from council/mayor. We've been discussing this on and off in this very thread for a decade!
It's not going to be an LRT unless the province wants it to be. Mayor's opinion matters not.

It's not going to be an LRT unless the province wants it to be. Mayor's opinion matters not.
Current mayor won't touch this one with a barge pole.

But at the rate they are moving, the Premier of that day may be a different issue. Going the study route, rather than just building doesn't give me a lot of confidence anything will get built.

@nfitz Well there's enough time for the study to be done before the election right?
The report perhaps. But the RFQ and RFP?

And given the way things are going, will Ford even last to the election?

It's got the feel that they don't want to spend the money, but want to look like they are doing something. We've seen that before.

The report perhaps. But the RFQ and RFP?

And given the way things are going, will Ford even last to the election?

It's got the feel that they don't want to spend the money, but want to look like they are doing something. We've seen that before.
Ford is winning the next election easy. He is spearheading the largest transit expansion in history that no other Premier was able to pull off.

Back